Celebrate Spring with an Eye-Catching Outfit!

When I first laid eyes on this bold and bright ensemble styled by Holly of Holly Dolly, I was smitten with her perfect mix of patterns and vibrant choice of hues. To emulate her saturated look, single out two colors to act as anchors — like spring green and tangerine — then mix in some florals and a black and white accessory for a springtime-ready look that will inspire a bouquet of compliments! If the warm weather hasn’t quite hit in your neck of the woods, throw a neutrally hued cardigan over your shoulders to keep out the breeze.

IN THIS OUTFIT
SKIRT - Someone to Depend Lawn Skirt
SCARF - Painting Faces Scarf
TOP - From Where Beauty Stems Top
CARDIGAN - Charter School Cardigan in Black
SHOES - Oh My Darling Wedge
BAG - Upper Haight Shoulder Bag

About Julie O.

A lover of all things vintage and vintage-inspired, Julie bought her first 1950s frock in the fifth grade. Since then, Julie has become a self-described connoisseur of vintage and thrift shopping, which she shares on her blog, Orchid Grey. When she’s not scouring the racks for the perfect vintage skirt, this native New Englander can be found deftly navigating the slopes of a ski mountain, taking road-trips to the beach, and exploring new places with a vintage camera in her hand.

10 Responses to Celebrate Spring with an Eye-Catching Outfit!

1. Christina 03/20/2012 at 12:43 pm #

Love, love, love this color combo!! Perfect for Spring. :)

Christina

2. Miranda 03/20/2012 at 1:58 pm #

Beautiful! I love the way you took inspiration from the outfit rather than copying it flat out. All of the pieces are accounted for and the feel is definitely there, but in a way that is uniquely yours. :)

3. Laura 03/20/2012 at 2:26 pm #

Great fashion tips! I love these colors together. It’s amazing how you can mix solids and patterns and they all look good together. I think if you just accessorize with some jewelry the look is complete. Well Done!

4. meghanalfano 03/20/2012 at 6:12 pm #

I love the pop of bright color!!! There is a lot going on here, but in a good way.

xo,Meghan

helloyesterdayblog.com

5. Shannonhearts 03/20/2012 at 9:17 pm #

Holly looks adorable in that look! Great color and pattern mixing.

6. Kylee 03/21/2012 at 2:49 pm #

Love the pop of orange! Can’t wait til spring actually hits Seattle!

7. comp 03/21/2012 at 8:50 pm #

i love those shoes they look really gorgeous . and the color just wonderful

8. Laura @ The Joyful Fox 03/21/2012 at 9:17 pm #

LOVE the colors in this outfit – my favorites! :)

9. Benay Downs 03/25/2012 at 4:55 pm #

This does not really have anything to do with this, but im going to my sisters wedding and i showed her the youngberry at heart dress for my dress and she chose it but when i went up to get it .It was out of stock is there anyway you could help or have the designer email me its a wedding emergency since shes getting married in may.Thank you so much.

10. daintygirltoronto 03/26/2012 at 5:15 pm #

I love the bold denim! I recently purchased some royal blue skinnies and paired them with a fun houndstooth blazer – check it out:

Love