Nail Klub: Indulge in Our French Fry Nail Art Tutorial

The spring sun is finally starting to shine on ModCloth’s Pittsburgh offices, and we’re thrilled to be prepping our wardrobes for warm weather. Along with shorts and shades, the ModCloth Nail Klub is eager to celebrate spring with some pretty, playful nail designs!

Marne, a digital retoucher and nail art expert, created this french fry look for our March meeting. Whether you’re lounging at the pool snack bar or hanging out at the ballgame, these delectable nails are always in good taste!

Nail Klub French Fries

Start your own Nail Klub by sharing this tutorial with your pals on Pinterest, Tumblr, Twitter, or Facebook, and let us know how your nails turn out in the comments below!

anna

About Anna

Anna's the kind of don't-take-yourself-too-seriously gal who can spend an evening at Monday Night Raw and then turn around and write about nail designs and glitter with just as much sincere, unadulterated delight. She's a firm believer in cats' ability to see ghosts, the Pittsburgh Pirates, and the fact that if she wishes enough, she'll never have to iron again.

, , ,

21 Responses to Nail Klub: Indulge in Our French Fry Nail Art Tutorial

1. Christen, Two Happy Hearts 03/28/2012 at 10:21 am #

So wonderful!!
    Very precise & impressive ;)

2. shannon 03/28/2012 at 10:22 am #

This is so darling. Thank you for sharing.

3. Samantha 03/28/2012 at 10:31 am #

cute!! Please check out my nail art blog!

nailartcouture.blogspot.com!

4. Christina 03/28/2012 at 11:00 am #

Sooo funny! These are too clever. A nail design after my own heart. <3

Christina

5. Valerie 03/28/2012 at 11:37 am #

We eat Belgian-style fries, which are a bit thicker and heftier, in the Netherlands, but I adore this look! Something about that red and yellow combo that just bowls you over.

• Marne (ModCloth) 03/28/2012 at 12:41 pm #

Ooh, Valerie, what a good idea! These can totally be modified to match your local fry fare! Here in Pittsburgh, they could stand some ranch dressing tips! :p

6. Eliza 03/28/2012 at 12:07 pm #

That is so so so funny! I love this so much….I’m going to try to do it! Wish me luck…:D

Thanks guys…..I love the Nail Klub!

7. Molly K. (ModCloth) 03/28/2012 at 12:08 pm #

Obsessed. This is the best. ever.

• Anna (ModCloth) 03/28/2012 at 1:05 pm #

At our meeting, one of our gals even used her steady hand to write her initial on the “box” section of each nail. SO CUTE!

8. Hannah 03/28/2012 at 10:10 pm #

This is a funny idea…but why am i so wanting to do it?! Haha! It’s silly but actually kind of cute!

9. aizzing 03/29/2012 at 11:07 am #

this is plain genius! at 27, i’m currently discovering nail polish for the first time and trying to experiment with different designs. thanks for posting this nail tutorial. looks so fun! :)

10. Sophie 03/29/2012 at 6:10 pm #

haha, neat! People on facebook are hatin’ for some reason, but I think it’s fun! I don’t think I would get the motivation to do most of these nail tutorials on an average day, but in the event that I’m stranded indoors with only some romcom dvds and nailpolish, I know what I’ll be up to!

11. Angel 03/29/2012 at 7:47 pm #

You have inspired me to maybe try making some burger nails!

• Anna (ModCloth) 03/30/2012 at 12:04 pm #

Angel, I think you’ve just inspired me to do the same!!! What a cute idea! If you end up discovering an awesome new design, totally post a picture on our Facebook page – I’d love to see how they turned out!

12. tishagreen 04/01/2012 at 6:18 pm #

If you love french fries (and who doesn’t?) then these nails are perfect! I’ve seen all kinds of nail designs but yours are so out-of-the-box amazing!

13. Mandi 04/03/2012 at 2:16 pm #

Totally absurd… but I like it!

14. pacst2 04/04/2012 at 3:25 am #

So cute! Loved it!

15. AshleyP.G. 04/24/2012 at 3:38 pm #

Did this, and it is so adorable!! It’s definitely something new!

16. Nicky 05/11/2012 at 3:01 am #

French Fries nails? I think I’ve heard it all now. Must say its very creative. Thank you for the tutorial, will defiantly try it out.

17. a kid 07/28/2013 at 1:58 am #

Yay! Now I have an excuse as to why I bite my finger every time I eat french fries. Every single time.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Be a Burger | The Hamburger Blogger - 07/24/2013

[…] NAILS, people!!!!  It’s really astounding the things you can find on the Internet. I found a tutorial for this too and I can probably pull this off too or even take the tutorial into my local nail place ask […]