Usher an Oasis of Charm into Your Afternoon with this Otherworldly Video

I nearly had to drumroll my hands on my cheeks when I first saw this video, Østersøen, just to make sure I wasn’t lost in a dream. Happy for all of us, this digital reel is reality, because its ethereal, enchanting, Science of Sleep-like aesthetics and sound deserve to be watched several times over.

Immerse yourself in the frames of the matryoshka dream in this song (“I was drowning in a bed / this bed floated in a room / this room slid in a train / this train chugged along in a big boat…”), and tell us what you think — is this video charming or disarming?

About Hannah

"Q: Where do cantaloupes go for the summer? A: John Cougar Mellon Camp!" From that joke you can surmise a few things about Hannah -- she loves a good pun, she delights in irreverence, and red peppers are her vegetable of choice. How does one figure out Hannah loves red peppers from that joke? Hmm, that's top secret. Hannah also adores outdoor activities, arts & crafts, reading, and being abroad.

, , , ,

8 Responses to Usher an Oasis of Charm into Your Afternoon with this Otherworldly Video

1. Al 05/18/2012 at 1:54 pm #

Tish! That’s French!

2. Patricia Ortiz 05/18/2012 at 3:08 pm #

This is a very cute video! Love it!!

3. Anna (Modcloth) 05/18/2012 at 4:04 pm #

Oh my this really made me smile :))

4. Lauren 05/18/2012 at 6:54 pm #

So glad I understand French! This video reminds me of old Russian animation. So whimsical, yet with a punch of technology. Here’s a non-native speaker’s attempt at a translation: “I had a dream on the Baltic Sea/ I was travelling in a bed/ This bed tossed about the room/ This room slid into a train/ This train chugged along into a big boat(keeping with ModCloth’s translation)/ This boat took flight/ on the world’s youngest sea/ In just a few seconds my ecstasy/ called up dangerous ice islands on the water’s surface/ Which constituted a threat to the boat/ and we had to avoid them/ I remember well this great evening”

• lpapace 05/19/2012 at 3:27 am #

I had a dream on the Baltic Sea.
      I was travelling in a bed.
      This bed was floating in a room.
      This room was sliding in a train.
      This train was whirling in a very great boat.
      This boat was billowing on the youngest sea in the World.
      Isostasy made emerge like fast swords
      dangerous islands on the water’s surface.
      For the boat it was a menace.
      Death we were avoiding.
      I hold a nice memory of that evening.

• Lauren 05/21/2012 at 12:18 pm #

A much more poetic translation! I suppose that makes sense since if I’m not mistaken, your name is the same as a band member’s. Thanks! Ödland’s music is amazing! Such intelligent artistry in the lyrics and instrumentation and the videos are amazing! I just adore the aesthetic! I think I’ve got a new favorite band. Thanks ModCloth for the discovery and thanks M. Papace for the lyrics! This is one band I’d love to see in concert. Hopefully if I can get back to France with an ETA or for grad school… Or if Ödland decided to come to the states…

5. glaciergardens 05/22/2012 at 12:43 pm #

I keep waiting for mr. Rogers to walk through his front door and start singing! Something about that music is sooooo reminicent of the Mr. Rogers theme song.

6. Lorenzo Papace 03/10/2014 at 4:43 am #