Craft Some Cubicle Cuteness with 3 Desk-Friendly DIYs!

Recharging your batteries during a busy work day can be as simple as taking a long lunch, refilling your favorite coffee mug, or setting aside a few minutes for some much-deserved crafting! Using familiar office supplies, these three projects will jump-start your creative juices and result in some adorable desk decor. Each mess-free DIY takes only a few minutes to complete, so clear some time on your calendar for these totally boss tutorials!

How do you blow off steam during a busy day? Share what works for you in the comments below!

anna

About Anna

Anna's the kind of don't-take-yourself-too-seriously gal who can spend an evening at Monday Night Raw and then turn around and write about nail designs and glitter with just as much sincere, unadulterated delight. She's a firm believer in cats' ability to see ghosts, the Pittsburgh Pirates, and the fact that if she wishes enough, she'll never have to iron again.

, , ,

14 Responses to Craft Some Cubicle Cuteness with 3 Desk-Friendly DIYs!

1. Leslie Smith 05/25/2012 at 8:10 am #

Love these ideas. The flower pens are swell – can’t wait to try.

MB

2. Christina 05/25/2012 at 8:37 am #

I love these all. I must try one of these on my next 15 min work break!

Come check out the elegant Garden Tea Party I went to last weekend.

Christina

3. Eliza 05/25/2012 at 9:05 am #

I love them! Thank you for spreading the cubie love!

4. Endris 05/25/2012 at 9:12 am #

Dearest Darlingest Modcloth,
    I simply had to write this.
    Today, I stumbled upon the outfits modeled by your Susan Gregg Koger, and as I looked through each outfit, I expected disappointment. Not because of the clothes, no, because of the sizes. You see, my personal plight is the body that looks like a medium would do, but shoulders that require XL. I often find beautiful outfits on this website, and then learn that you do not carry them in my size.
    I was particularly pleased when I realized that Ms. Koger seemed to be like me – as everything she wore came up to size XL. I can’t tell if this was a happy coincidence, or not. I must note, however, that I’m not insulting her – she in no way looks like she needs XL shirts or dresses, just like me. It simply made me happy to see that my body type exists on other people.

To top it off, recently I have begun origami again, and what do you know! Modcloth the blog is offering me how to make flowers and a wallet. You are two for two today, Modcloth. Well done! :)

Thank you for making my day a tad bit brighter!

• Anna (ModCloth) 05/25/2012 at 12:15 pm #

I’m so happy to hear we could put a little sunshine in your day, Endris! I’m also on the broad-shouldered side, so I can totally relate to how tricky finding the perfect size can be. Luckily, ModCloth is always expanding the sizes and silhouettes we carry, and the ModStylists are really awesome at finding items that gals of all body types can feel comfortable and confident wearing – if you’re ever in a clothing quandry, I’d recommend checking them out!

And thanks for the tip on the origami! I love hearing what people like or want to see more of on the blog – perhaps you’ll be seeing more paper crafts in the future :)

5. Angela (ModCloth) 05/25/2012 at 10:13 am #

Haha. I love this! I used to make post-it hair clips at my old job. :P

6. Laura @ The Joyful Fox 05/25/2012 at 4:47 pm #

Such great ideas! As a side note, Tazo’s Passion tea is my absolute favorite tea. Someone has good taste :)

• CMarie 05/31/2012 at 7:24 pm #

Agreed!

7. Jessica 05/27/2012 at 9:06 am #

I would love to see more of this kind of thing on Modcloth! This was my best read yet.. and it’s sure to cure some bordom at work Monday

8. Jasmine 05/29/2012 at 1:40 pm #

I loved the Pen Topping DIY. I tried it and it took me less the 8 minutes to do. I love it! Here’s a link of my creation. http://jasmineclarkeblog.wordpress.com/2012/05/29/writinginstyle/

:-) Thanks for a fun and decorative DIY Project!

• Anna (ModCloth) 05/30/2012 at 11:33 am #

Aw, that turned out beautifully, Jasmine! Thanks for trying out our DIY – it looks like it was a great success!

9. Renee J. 06/01/2012 at 6:31 am #

I love the magic wallet! I’m gonna do this once I cleared our my study table! Awesome DIY! I hope I’ll be able to do these DIY and post it on my blog (http://reneejacobe.blogspot.com) too. I’m gonna share the knowledge!

10. Brigid 04/10/2013 at 3:34 pm #

For the life of me I cannot make that Origami Organizer the right way!

11. Kendall 09/23/2013 at 10:11 pm #

I love this post. I now have the cutest bunch of paper flowers in mug to brighten up everything and the oragami boxes were trick but totally worth it. Thanks!