Tours N’at: The Best of the ‘Burgh with Chris & Anna

Get ready for an action-packed day of history, vintage, and french fries, because the second stop on our ModEmployee-guided tour series is our hometown of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania! Leading us through the Steel City are Chris and Anna, ModCloth writers and Pittsburgh enthusiasts.

Have you been to the City of Bridges? What’s your favorite place to visit?

About ModCloth

, , ,

17 Responses to Tours N’at: The Best of the ‘Burgh with Chris & Anna

1. Hannah (ModCloth) 06/11/2012 at 2:00 pm #

Haha this is great, especially Chris and Anna and Pittsburgh! I’d add in a visit to the Children’s Museum. It’s the best!

• beth 06/11/2012 at 10:26 pm #

I agree! Gotta love our favorite man in a cardigan, Mr. Rogers! I also would recommend The Mattress Factory (Andy Warhol), visiting the Carnegie Museums (especially hang around Carnegie Hall before a show and watch all of the beautifully dressed people going in), and strolling around the University of Pittsburgh – when growing up, my aunt would take me on a “ride” up and down the elevators at The Cathedral of Learning. Fun times!

2. Amy (ModCloth) 06/11/2012 at 2:19 pm #

Love this! Great job guys!

3. Angela (ModCloth) 06/11/2012 at 2:55 pm #

<3 this! Good picks. Sunday brunch at the Zenith is a mmmmmust! http://zenithpgh.com/brunch-menu/ If you're in the Oakland neighborhood, dinner at Spice Island Tea House is phenom. Oh, and go to Gooski's for beer and a giant basket of fries. Basically, there are a lot of good places for good food!

• samswope 06/11/2012 at 6:05 pm #

I agree with brunch at Zenith! Yummy food + Vintage shopping in the store part = WIN!

4. Suzanne 06/11/2012 at 2:56 pm #

LOL, that salad was hilarious. Probably pretty tasty! That railcar ride was fun! When I went to Pittsburgh, I took way too many pics of me riding it. The other people riding it were using it as transportation. I think they thought I was losing my mind :)

5. korri 06/11/2012 at 4:18 pm #

Pleaseeeee come to Boston next! :)

6. Kim Smith 06/11/2012 at 6:02 pm #

Love my city and all of its French fry glory <3

7. Laura @ The Joyful Fox 06/11/2012 at 6:50 pm #

Love this city! I’ve been on that incline before :) I’ve heard it said that Pittsburgh women were once voted to have the best legs in America, because of climbing all those hills!

8. Kristim 06/12/2012 at 5:33 am #

Hooray! Pittsburgh (so glad Dippy the Diplodocus had a cameo :D)! There’s a great view of Oakland from the thirty-somethingth floor of the Cathedral of Learning, and I can’t pass up my french fried-salad <3

9. Marissa 06/12/2012 at 8:34 am #

Primanti Bros.!

10. Hollie H 06/13/2012 at 6:44 am #

Great tour! Proud to be a Yinzer! ;) And I have never been to either of those places to eat so now I have something new to try!

11. Chrissy 06/21/2012 at 2:13 pm #

I spent my entire undergrad education in Pittsburgh. I think you missed the fantastic Fuel and Fuddle sweet potato fries, Dave and Andy’s Ice Cream and Primanti Brother’s steak sandwich in Oakland!

12. tatbella 06/21/2012 at 2:56 pm #

YOU MISSED THE O, PRIMANTI BROS. OMG……..NEEDED TO GO TO OAKLAND!!!!!!!!!! (I obviously went to university of Pittsburgh)
    and…….inka dinka doo!!!!! My first tat- I also grew up in pgh, have friends in Squirrel Hill!!!!!!!

13. tatbella 06/21/2012 at 2:59 pm #

PRIMANTI BROS, THE O, WOW- you missed all of Oakland
    Harris’ in shadyside, I was a waitress – went to PITT!!!!!!!
    and grew up skipping HS IN PGH!!!!!!!!
    My friends and I would give a Rad tour-
    THE ANDY WARHOL MUSEUM INCLUDED!!!!!!!!!

14. tatbella 06/21/2012 at 3:01 pm #

Yay! Nice to see after over 15 years…..

15. Brooke 08/02/2013 at 9:41 am #