Get Ready to Geek Out, Because It’s ModCloth Geek Week!

Let your geek flag fly, because we’re declaring this the first ever ModCloth Geek Week!

For five days, we’re indulging in our geeky side with features and activities inspired by all the offbeat interests and hobbies that make us geeks. Geek Week is invading all of our platforms — we’re talking the Blog, Twitter, Facebook, InstagramTumblr, and Pinterest – so you have plenty of places to talk, play, and geek out with your ModFriends. Whether you nerd out over LotR fandoms, Broadway showtunes, or vintage vinyls, this week is for you.

Be sure to check back later today to hear ModCloth employees spill their geekiest confessions on video (oh yes) and check out @ModCloth on Instagram to see who else we got to reveal their geeky side…

UPDATE (7/19/2012): If you’ve just stumbled into our gleeful geek festivities, here’s a rundown of what we’ve done so far this week:

More to come!

Share:FacebookPinterestTwitterGoogle+tumblr

15 Responses to Get Ready to Geek Out, Because It’s ModCloth Geek Week!

1. Christina 07/16/2012 at 8:29 am #

Ooh can’t wait. I’m definitely a Broadway geek! Instead of the the radio, I turn to my “Wicked” Pandora station and belt away! :)

Come check out the Baked Zucchini Sticks I made.

Christina

• suemay 07/19/2012 at 9:23 am #

Me as well! My spotify has so many musicals that it will explode and shoot rainbows some day

2. Sarah 07/16/2012 at 9:22 am #

Haha I’m an uber geek! Can’t wait!

Xoxo Sarah
    theantiquepearl.blogspot.com

3. Jenny Fry (@Jay_Fry) 07/16/2012 at 9:56 am #

Geeks and nerds should check out Nerdfighteria at http://www.youtube.com/vlogbrothers Modcloth has been supplying clothes for one nerdfightastic project recently – the Lizzie Bennett diaries!

4. Nikki 07/16/2012 at 10:11 am #

Tomorrow’s Tuesday sale should be amazing!!

• Jenny Deu 07/16/2012 at 2:55 pm #

Agreed! Can’t wait!

5. rosy 07/16/2012 at 10:58 am #

Funsies! I geek out over sailor moon…yeah I know right…pretty geeky!

• Scarlette 07/19/2012 at 5:26 pm #

Me too!!! LOVE her! :D

6. Lauren 07/16/2012 at 11:21 am #

I’m a Broadway nerd…I practically only listen to showtunes, movie soundtracks, and classical! A little nerdy, but I’m totally fine with that :)

7. Judith 07/16/2012 at 12:36 pm #

I am definitely a Harry Potter loving, LOTR reading and Broadway sing-along geek. And proud of it, can’t wait!

8. Jenny Deu 07/16/2012 at 1:34 pm #

I’m a proud geek in each of my cultural interests:

Books: the Time series from L’Engle, Harry Potter, LOTR/The Hobbit, and many graphic novels
    Music: Band of Horses, Fleet Foxes, old Weezer and They Might Be Giants, lots of musicals (Cabaret, The Music Man, Guys and Dolls, seriously – A LOT) My oldest son can sing along to The Flaming Lips! I’m so proud….
    Movies: Wes Anderson, Kubrick, Ephron, the Muppetts anything
    Clothes: modcloth, of course!

I just drooled over all the great costumes from ComCon this year. My husband and I plan on dressing like Scott Pilgrim and Ramona Flowers, and our sons are going to go as Calvin and Hobbes for Halloween this year.

Nerds unite!

9. Suzanne 07/16/2012 at 5:15 pm #

Honestly, my geek things are still related to fashion history. I wrote a bucket list of things I want to buy and they included a crazy quilt, a complete antique wedding trousseau, and some victorian mourning jewelry (it’s made of human hair.) Maybe I’m kind of creepy, but I think this stuff is so neat!

10. Midori 07/18/2012 at 6:45 pm #

I geek out on Korean Pop (music) and Korean Dramas. I am also a manga and anime lover XD. My siblings think I am weird but hey it’s geek week and I get to proudly wave this flag ;)

11. April S. 07/19/2012 at 5:11 pm #

I like to play (solve) logic puzzles–for fun–before I go to sleep.

12. Elise 07/29/2012 at 11:07 am #

Aw man, I missed Geek Week because I was at band camp! … Well I guess that’s fitting.