Proud to be Geeks: ModEmployees Share Their Nerdy Confessions

Whether it’s grammar, science, or nature that we’re obsessed with, all of us here at ModCloth are proud of our geekiness! In this behind-the-scenes video, ModEmployees come together to share what nerdy pastimes have them completely head over heels.

What are your #geekconfessions?

sarah

About Sarah

Who would have thought the little girl in the oversized Goofy T-shirt would grow up to work in fashion? Definitely not young Sarah; she was too busy singing her heart out to Whitney Houston. Today, her eclectic fashion tastes lean toward purses large enough to stash her latest read, way too high of a heel, and the occasional vintage baseball tee.

, , , , , , , , , ,

16 Responses to Proud to be Geeks: ModEmployees Share Their Nerdy Confessions

1. Sarah 07/16/2012 at 11:50 am #

I love this! I watch Dr. Who obsessively, collect Archie comics, and I am a total science geek. Oh and I loooove Neil deGrasse Tyson!!

Xoxo Sarah
    theantiquepearl.blogspot.com

2. Katerina 07/16/2012 at 3:10 pm #

Mkay, I’m a real dork. Aside from my obsession with Stargate SG1 and beautifully amazing Doctor Who, I also am a history person. When my sister netflixed the John Adams series, I dressed up as George Washington (complete with baby powdering my hair white, and curled up locks on the sides of my head) in order to watch it. Moreover, I like to wear ties and bowties (bowties are cool) and make very strange connections on account of my geekitude :-)

GAP— Geeky And Proud!

• Chelsea Lenae 07/16/2012 at 3:16 pm #

I love this! Just recently started watching the John Adams series! It’s so good, makes me miss high school American history!

• Janet (ModCloth) 07/17/2012 at 1:34 am #

Bowties ARE cool! :) Also fezzes.

• Hannah (ModCloth) 07/17/2012 at 8:22 am #

Yes! Fezzes. Why do I not have a fez already?

3. Chelsea Lenae 07/16/2012 at 3:14 pm #

I am probably the biggest Harry Potter geek. Not in terms of information that I know but I am obsessed with the characters. I’ve read each book numerous times and can pretty much quote every film. I also have two Harry Potter related tattoos.

howidwellnow.com

4. Kelsey Ann Theiss 07/16/2012 at 4:02 pm #

My geeky weakness is anything Lord of the Rings/Hobbit. I re-read the books once a year and watch the movies all the time. Can’t wait for 12/14/12! I’m also known for my addiction to comic books, Doctor Who, and Military History. Totally a geek in every form of the word and proud of it! It just means I’m more well rounded than so called average people. ;-)

5. Talita Moraes 07/16/2012 at 5:45 pm #

I’m guilty of:

1. Comic Book Obsession
    2. Gaming way more than I should
    3. Book Worm – I have the complete works of all my favorite authors
    4. Super Hero Nerd
    5. Math and Science competitions in School
    6. Star Wars ♥
    7. Barbie Collector
    8. Fashion Geek – Read, draw and buy too much :)
    9. Pencil Collector
    10. Music Nerd

Many other things I’ll remember when more posts show up :)

• Helena (ModCloth) 07/18/2012 at 10:58 pm #

I am a Barbie collector too!! And a HUGE Barbie geek! My whole room is full of Barbie drawings and dolls.

6. Alex 07/16/2012 at 6:29 pm #

MYSTERY SCIENCE THEATRE 3000! Enough said.

7. Kate 07/16/2012 at 6:48 pm #

1. Steam and gaming in general.
    2. Cosplay!
    3. Fanart/Fanfics
    4. Doll collector.
    5. Huge sci fi fan! :D
    6. Custom built desktop.
    7. Engineer.

Need I say more? xD

8. Adrienne Smith 07/17/2012 at 7:12 pm #

I civil war reenact, I made my own leiderhosen once, I speak Russian (badly), Oh, and I teach 7th grade Social Studies–that takes a special kind of nerd.

9. Brooke 07/20/2012 at 1:47 am #

Looks like some pretty cool people work at Modcloth. :D I am obsessed with English costume dramas and anything Jane Austen, and have an unhealthy interest in the Elizabethan/ Jacobean era. I am also a Nerdfighter, and am a fan of Game of Thrones and Sherlock.

10. Julia 07/21/2012 at 1:54 am #

The girl at the end with the portal gun is awesome! Love all the confessions!
    I’m a huge geek, I’m obsessed with Harry Potter and Doctor Who and I read all the time.
    Probably my biggest geeky confession is that I’ve made every single Halloween costume I’ve ever worn (every Halloween). I love making costumes!
    DFTBA!

11. Emily 07/21/2012 at 6:16 am #

I also own the Marvel encyclopedia and love superheroes. I draw my own superheroes and want to be a comic artist. I’m a legend of Zelda, Harry Potter (dressed up as Harry for halloween my costume was good enough to make several people think I was a boy), MLP and many other kinds of geek. :)

12. Ann 07/28/2012 at 5:03 pm #

I am a total geek for Archie comics, vintage books/ephemera, scrapbooking supplies, The Hunger Games, and anything Marvel/DC!
    Quick question: is Christen’s artsy and colorful button-up top from Modcloth? I love it!!