Meet the Artists in Our New Stylebook, Fashion From the ‘Art’

What inspires your style? Surely, some of you take hints from art, which is exactly what we did for our latest stylebook, Fashion from the ‘Art’. A few months ago, we began collecting art from our fans, and eight of those pieces ended up inspiring the eight adorable outfits you see in the stylebook. We’re so excited to introduce the artists to you, and to share what moved them to create the unique illustrations you see in the stylebook and below!

Fun fact: Manfre says Fruity is inspired by a photograph by Con Poulos.

Like what you see? Soon, you will be able to purchase exclusive tote bags featuring a few of the artworks seen above! Check out our Aesthetically Pleasing Pieces category for more.

We love it when you tell us about or send us your work, from poems to dress designs to music. We’ll be sharing more art by marvelous ModFans throughout the month on various platforms. In the meantime, tell us about your unique talents!

About Angela

Someday, Angela will be tending to her sheep, llamas and alpacas on the “Yarn Farm” and raising award winning honey bees. Until then, the native Pittsburgher is enjoying all things related to knitting, her cats, Mr. Spock, red lipstick, and creativity. Writing is her first true love.

11 Responses to Meet the Artists in Our New Stylebook, Fashion From the ‘Art’

1. Lindsey 08/06/2012 at 6:06 pm #

This was really cute! I’d love to see more posts like this. Or even just more prints in the shop. :)

-Lindsey
    Et tu, tutu?

2. Kate 08/06/2012 at 6:25 pm #

I love Claire Oring’s the most!

3. Sarah 08/06/2012 at 7:21 pm #

These are all so fabulous!

xoxo Sarah
    theantiquepearl.blogspot.com

4. Hannah (ModCloth) 08/07/2012 at 4:53 pm #

These are all so fantastic, I can’t choose a favorite. What a talented bunch of gals!

5. rachel 08/08/2012 at 7:30 am #

I love all of these! I’m an art major myself and I’d absolutely be thrilled to submit my own work to you guys soon! :)

6. Jennifer Lewis 08/11/2012 at 3:57 pm #

Great Idea. Like the fox sweater. I’m an illustrator I find I wear a lot of clothes that reflect elements of my paintings. (link below)

7. Margaret 08/11/2012 at 9:35 pm #

How do we submit art work and can it be a photo of something?

• Angela (ModCloth) 08/16/2012 at 3:20 pm #

Hi Margaret! You are welcome to send us your original artwork (illustration, photo, anything). While we’re no lot seeking anything for a future campaign at the moment, we always love seeing what our fans are up to. It’s possible it might make an appearance someday. We’re at you@modcloth.com. Thank you!

8. Heidi 08/12/2012 at 11:57 pm #

Many of these would look adorable on a slouchy t-shirt/sweatshirt!

9. Tiffany Atkin 08/13/2012 at 2:22 pm #

So very excited to be part of the project, thanks ModCloth!
    Tiff ♥

10. Claudia 08/14/2012 at 10:58 am #

What a great collection! The Darnell piece is such an elegant, beautiful picture, like a fairytale book. A La Mode is very posh and creative, and Ghost Sundae is freakin hilarious! Fun fun fun! Thank you for sharing that !