Fave Finds: October’s Carolyn Schnurer Sundress

Who: October of October Rebel

What: 1950′s Carolyn Schnurer sundress

Where: Theatre rummage sale

How much: $5

When I use it: “I love wearing it outdoors — it has a sort of tea party-on-the-lawn quality. It’s great for outdoor gatherings.”

Shopping tips: “As much as I love new clothes, I love clothing with a history. Finding the story behind this dress was tricky because the label was partially destroyed. After several false leads, I discovered the dress was from Carolyn Schnurer — a designer of casual wear post-WWII. Her open-minded fashion designs were inspired by her world travels. I think of the story behind this dress when I wear it. This may not be the best advice, but when I look for something used or vintage, I usually pick something that I might think has an interesting past. Also, if a local theatre is having a rummage sale, check it out! They may have some interesting former costumes for sale.”

DO YOU HAVE A FAVE FIND? We know you’re the cleverest vintage hunters aroun, and we want to hear the story of your Fave Find! E-mail favefinds@modcloth.com with a photo of you with your vintage find (a rare record, a retro dress, or other treasures), and answer the following: Who, What, Where, How much, When I use it, and Shopping tips!

About ModCloth

, , , ,

7 Responses to Fave Finds: October’s Carolyn Schnurer Sundress

1. Sunita 08/07/2012 at 7:10 am #

That is such a gorgeous dress!

2. Quincy 08/07/2012 at 7:21 am #

That dress is perfection! Fabulous find!

3. Sarah 08/07/2012 at 7:32 am #

I absolutely adore this dress! The cut is so perfect for her :)

xoxo Sarah
    theantiquepearl.blogspot.com

4. Lindsey 08/07/2012 at 7:57 am #

That’s such a cute dress. Love the turqoise polka dots! I think it’d look great with a belt too!

-Lindsey
    Et tu, tutu?

5. Christina 08/07/2012 at 1:01 pm #

That hat really completes this look. I must not be looking in the correct places for $5 adorable vintage dresses. :)

Come check out the Fish in Parchment meal I made.

Christina

6. mcolmo 08/08/2012 at 3:18 pm #

Beautiful, can’t beieve it was $5

7. margaux 02/26/2013 at 6:00 pm #

I am so jealous of this beautiful dress! I’m dying for a drop waist dress-and I’ve hunted and hunted for months to no avail. Caroline Schnurer is so hard to find! Or terribly expensive.