If your wardrobe is in need of a little inspiration, then you’re in luck! Starting 8/13 at 11 a.m. PT, we’re hosting a contest on Pinterest that crosses the creative worlds of art and fashion, and will help you take your sense of style outside the box. Just create outfits based off of one or all six pieces of art in this blog post, and your stylish, art-inspired board could win you a $50 ModCloth gift certificate!
To enter, simply create a board titled “The Art of Style ModCloth Contest”, and re-pin our contest pin to your board. Next, pin the image of a piece of art that inspires you. Then, pin the ModCloth items that make up an awesome ensemble inspired by the artwork. Beneath each pin, include a small description, the hashtag #modcloth, and a hashtag of the artist’s name for reference (i.e. The print on this dress captures the palette of the painting. #janedoe #modcloth).
You can include all six works of art in your board, but please create only one outfit per piece of art. When your board is perfect, share it with us by posting it as a link in a comment on our original contest announcement pin, located in our “Design of the Times” board.
Before you begin, check the deets:
- You must follow @ModCloth on Pinterest to enter.
- Contest begins 8/13 at 11 a.m. PT and ends 8/17 at 4 p.m. PT.
- The images of the six pieces of art you can pin and use as inspiration are provided below.
- Each pin must include the hashtag #modcloth and a hashtag of the name of the artist whose artwork inspired it.
- Only one entry board per person (that one board may contain all six pieces of artwork and corresponding garments/outfits).
- One winner will be chosen per piece of artwork.
- Boards will be judged based on uniqueness, creativity, ModCloth spirit, and adherence to the guidelines.
- Six winners will be announced 8/25 at 4 p.m. PT on the ModCloth Blog.
- Need more information? Check out our Official Contest Rules.
Feeling inspired? Make it work like Michaelangelo, and let’s see your fashion masterpieces!
“Spool for You” by Jennifer Allevato #allevato
“The Visit” by Katie Skau #skau
“…And I didn’t notice hardly even at all” by Peggy Tremblett #tremblett
“Satiate” by Kelly McKernan #mckernan
“Best Friends (Eggy)” by Rachel Chu #chu
“Pretty People Pajama Party” by Cheyenne Hamberg #hamberg
UPDATE (8/24/2012) – We have winners! Congrats to @Amanda, @Lauren Hamilton, @Sarka Sarka, @Amy Henson, @Becky Bedbug, and @Sarah Browne! Thanks to everyone who entered, and make sure to follow our Pinterest account for daily inspiration, and future creative contests!