Introducing the Young at ‘Art’ Event!

Poking through treasures that your parents have saved over the years always yields fun finds, like macaroni necklaces, lopsided paperweights, and tinfoil hats that you created when you were a kid. Though the days of finger-paintings being posted on the fridge may be over, that doesn’t mean your early artistic endeavors are destined to remain hidden in a dusty box forever.

That’s right, we want to see your most prized childhood art project for our Young at ‘Art’ Event! All you need to do is dig it up, post a photo of it on Instagram with the hashtags #YoungatArt and #ModCloth, then share it on Twitter. Everyone – yes, everyone – who enters will receive a 10% off ModCloth coupon code!

Once you’re ready to start snapping those pictures, please read the deets:

• Photos can be old photos of your art from times past, or freshly snapped pics of you with your recovered/rediscovered art.
  • Entries must be submitted by 9 a.m. PT on 8/15/2012.
  • Entries must be submitted via Instagram and shared on Twitter.
  • You must be following @ModCloth on Instagram and Twitter at the time of submission.
  • Your entry must include the two hashtags, #YoungatArt and #ModCloth in order to receive the coupon code.
  • Only one entry is allowed per person.
  • You must own the rights to your photo entry.
  • Still confused? Leave us a comment below, and we’ll answer!

Have fun walking down memory lane!

About ModCloth

18 Responses to Introducing the Young at ‘Art’ Event!

1. Brianna 08/14/2012 at 12:33 pm #

This sounds like an awesome contest, but I really wish that you could open one up with a 10% off reward to those without an iPhone! :)

2. Stephanie 08/14/2012 at 12:37 pm #

Is there no other way to enter? I have an inexpensive blackberry curve 8530, there’s no Instagram app. I feel like it is unfair seeing as phones that have the capability to have Instagram are expensive. So people with “stupid” phones (not smartphones) can’t participate? You realize that don’t you? This should be stated in the beginning not halfway through the description. I got excited and didn’t even read that whole second paragraph before posting this to Facebook thinking it just had to be shared on twitter. Only until someone pointed out it must be submitted to Instagram did I go back and read to find this out :/

• ModCloth 08/14/2012 at 12:59 pm #

Hi Stephanie, Thank you so much for your feedback. We are listening to your concerns and take all comments into consideration when planning future events. We’re sorry that you can’t participate in this particular promotion, but we are always having fun events for our friends on all of our social networks including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and beyond!

You might enjoy our Style From the ‘Art’ Contest on Pinterest or our Exclusive Print Giveaway here on the blog! And get ready because we’ll be announcing another fun event later this week!

3. Sarah 08/14/2012 at 1:54 pm #

I agree with the other comments here…I was excited to submit an entry, and then realized that I had to have Instagram, which I don’t have (no smartphone). It would be nice if there was another option.

4. Cortney 08/14/2012 at 4:35 pm #

Calm down people, it’s only 10%.

5. Hannah 08/14/2012 at 4:53 pm #

How do we receive the coupon code once we’ve posted it?

• ModCloth 08/14/2012 at 11:04 pm #

Hi Hannah, You should receive your coupon code in your Twitter inbox automatically after you share your photo including the hashtags provided. Let us know if you did not receive it!

6. Candy 08/15/2012 at 7:52 am #

hi there I shared my photo but i dint get a code. Please help

• ModCloth 08/15/2012 at 12:02 pm #

Hi Candy! Two questions: Can you tell us what time (with time zone) you shared your photo? The promotion ended at 9am PT, so if it was after that time, you would not have received the code. Also, did you include both #youngatart and #modcloth? Thanks!

7. Julia 08/15/2012 at 7:53 am #

i didnt receive the coupon code, but I don’t know where my twitter inbox is either, lol i just got twitter so i don’t know where anything is.

• ModCloth 08/15/2012 at 11:59 am #

Hi Julia, There is a small dropdown menu in the Twitter Dashboard where you should be able to select “Direct Messages.” This is where you should find the automated message with your coupon code. Please note that in order to receive the code, you should have Tweeted your Instagram photo with both hashtags (#ModCloth and #YoungatArt) prior to 9am PT. Let us know!

8. katie123222 08/15/2012 at 8:00 am #

oh update, I know where my inbox is now haha, but there was an alert saying there’s a bug with the dm inbox, messages disappearing, or appearing late, so maybe thats why i haven’t received it yet:/

• katie123222 08/15/2012 at 8:48 am #

um I guess my first comment didn’t get posted, just to clarify, I haven’t received the code yet, and then i read there was some sort of a bug with the dm inbox.

• ModCloth 08/15/2012 at 12:03 pm #

Hi Katie, Can you tweet @ModCloth telling us who you are? We’ll DM you the code again, and you can let us know if you receive it. Thanks!

9. Rachel 08/15/2012 at 11:14 am #

I entered a picture with all the requirements, but I did not receive a coupon code on twitter. Can I get someone’s help please?

• ModCloth 08/15/2012 at 12:03 pm #

Hi Rachel, Can you tweet @ModCloth telling us who you are? We’ll DM you the code again, and you can let us know if you receive it. Thanks!

10. Emily Gruber 08/15/2012 at 6:01 pm #

Hi I never received my code today either. I posted my picture yesterday with both hashtags but had no dms.

11. Rachel 08/17/2012 at 7:55 am #

I wish that it wasn’t on Instagram since not everyone has access to that app!