Going to an art gallery—pretty sophisticated, huh? Attending an indie rock show—super cool. Coloring—FUN! That’s exactly what you can do with The Indie Rock Coloring Book, our August Book of the Month!
Created by the do-gooders at Montreal organization Yellow Bird Project, this activity book is more than just an artistic exercise. In 2006, Yellow Bird founders Casey and Matt brainstormed ideas to contribute to charities through an art form they enjoyed, indie rock. Musicians and artists are asked to create designs for T-shirts, posters, and even a coloring book. Those items are then sold, with the money going to charities of the creators’ choices. Sweet deal, huh?
To illustrate our enthusiasm for such a cool project, our graphic designers actually did a li’l bit of coloring themselves! Check out their fridge-worthy masterpieces below.
Do you have a box of crayons that needs a reason to get busted open? Leave a comment in response to this month’s discussion question, below, you’ll have a chance to win a copy from us!
How would you turn one of your hobbies into a force of good? (That is, if you haven’t already!)
- You have until Friday, August 31, 2012, to participate.
- Though you may leave comments after the above date, any comments left after 11:59 p.m. PT on August 31 will not qualify.
- Only comments left on this blog post will be counted into the giveaway.
- We will contact you via e-mail if you are a winner.
- For more information, please see our Contests & Comments page.
Time to color!