Warning: Do not read this book while drinking tea or coffee or soda or, well… anything… because the definitions of this “illustrated encyclopedia of fashion” will surely cause you to snort your beverage straight out of your nose.
Witty, brash, amusing, and cheeky to the extreme, What on Earth are You Wearing? hails from a planet much more engaging than your typical coffee table book. Between its eye-delighting drawings and cry-inducing definitions (“Fatigues: really, really tired clothes that are so exhausted they can’t muster any pretty colors”), it’s pretty hard to close the cover on this book once you’ve cracked it open.
At a loss for words over how great this book is? Then, you’ll gain a bit of gladness to find out you’ve a chance at winning this book if you respond to the creativity-provoking prompt below!
Write a short, droll, fashion-related definition of your own.
Here’s an example: “Argyle: a pirate’s favorite fabric.”
- You have until Thursday, September 27, 2012, to participate.
- Though you may leave comments after the above date, any comments left after 11:59 p.m. PT on September 27 will not qualify.
- Only comments left on this blog post will be counted into the giveaway.
- Winners will be chosen at random.
- We will contact you via e-mail if you are a winner.
- For more information, please see our Contests & Comments page.
Now, go have fun fashioning creative comments!