Listen Up: Clairy Browne & The Bangin’ Rackettes

Clairy Browne & the Bangin' Rockettes
Image via Clairy Browne & The Bangin’ Rackettes.

Big hair, bluesy beats, and retro bling — these are a few of our favorite things, and nobody rocks them harder than up-and-coming band Clairy Browne & The Bangin’ Rackettes. Led by self-described “power diva” Clairy Browne, this soul-slinging, doo-wop singing Aussie group takes major aesthetic cues from the past, but its love for nineties dance videos and its tough-as-nails sensibility keeps the band feeling modern. From the dangerously catchy “Love Letter” to the slow wails of “You Don’t Owe Me Nothing,” Clairy and co. have made themselves hard to ignore.

Thanks to ModCloth customer Dianne for alerting us of Clairy — you guys seriously have the best taste in music! And, let us know: What are you listening to these days?

9 Responses to Listen Up: Clairy Browne & The Bangin’ Rackettes

1. Maya M. 10/08/2012 at 3:06 pm #

So so so so so good!
    Right now, my fall transition playlist is full of softer tunes, thanks to bands like The Jezabels, Angus and Julia Stone, A Fine Frenzy, and Stars.
    Seriously, check them out, and thank you for filling your blog and my days with awesome fashion and song!
    -Maya

• Jenn (ModCloth) 10/09/2012 at 11:01 am #

Aw, thanks for the sweet words, Maya! That means a lot to us. And, funnily enough, fellow blog writers Julianne, Nora, and I were just talking about how we’ve all been listening to the new Stars album on repeat—it’s good stuff!

2. Katie 10/09/2012 at 2:34 am #

I’ve loved them for the last year – I hope they bring their live show for you guys to see in the US (I’ve seen them a couple of times here in Australia). You’ll love their awesome dance moves!

• Jenn (ModCloth) 10/09/2012 at 10:38 am #

We hope so, too! And that’s awesome to hear—all the articles I’ve read have mentioned how great they are live, so it’s good to have that confirmed!

3. Bernadette 10/09/2012 at 3:53 am #

Love Clairy! great job, Modcloth. Maybe we can get them to the US?

4. Liv 10/09/2012 at 6:44 am #

This Clairy Browne just looks like Lady Gaga, doesn’t she?!

5. esmeluna 10/19/2012 at 7:22 am #

You guys have NO idea how happy I am to find out who sings this song! The second I saw the Heineken commercial I fell in love with the song but none of my song recognition apps would pick it up. My boyfriend was convinced it was just written for the commercial but I knew it was too good to just be a commercial tune! Off to buy the album on iTunes!

6. Sway 11/06/2012 at 7:34 am #

I have seen these guys a few times around Oz, and my goodness – they are so fantastic! Her voice!! Just wow! Loving seeing an Aussie band getting a shout out on here too! Thanks Modcloth! x

7. Alexandra 03/08/2013 at 9:43 am #

I love love love love love!, Ed Sheeran’s voice! My favorite is Give Me Love and it makes me squeel with joy each time I hear it!