Tricks of the Trade: Our Merch Stylists Share Their Bow & Scarf Tying Tips

Inspired by our latest stylebook, Q and A-mazing, we didn’t want the awesome styling advice from our stylists to end! We asked Merchandise Stylists Bri and Rachel to share with us some of the secrets of the trade: the perfect bow and taming the scarf tie!

sarah

About Sarah

Who would have thought the little girl in the oversized Goofy T-shirt would grow up to work in fashion? Definitely not young Sarah; she was too busy singing her heart out to Whitney Houston. Today, her eclectic fashion tastes lean toward purses large enough to stash her latest read, way too high of a heel, and the occasional vintage baseball tee.

, , , , ,

14 Responses to Tricks of the Trade: Our Merch Stylists Share Their Bow & Scarf Tying Tips

1. Staci 10/10/2012 at 1:40 pm #

How cute! I love the 6th scarf knot..very adorable :)

2. Rachel (ModCloth) 10/10/2012 at 2:07 pm #

Thanks for the great techniques! I’m perpetually stumped by bow-tying and scarf-styling, so these vids are really helpful.

Plus, you gals are adorbs. :)

3. Joyce 10/10/2012 at 3:27 pm #

Where is he shirt in the bow tying video?? It’s so cute! Thank for all the help girls!

4. Annie (ModCloth) 10/10/2012 at 3:55 pm #

Awesome job, Bri and Rachel! I love these videos, so helpful!

5. Elizabeth 10/10/2012 at 4:40 pm #

These videos are so helpful! Especially the scarf one! I was having a scarf typing dilemma just yesterday.

6. Questing Jess 10/10/2012 at 6:47 pm #

Thankyou so much for making a video on tying bows – now to go and practice and see if I can replicate ;)

7. chocoliv 10/11/2012 at 1:45 am #

these are great~ I’m always trying to tie bows so they are pretty…. but i always fan; :(

-liv

8. andrew b. 10/11/2012 at 7:22 am #

Where is the top from the bow-tying video? I’ve searched the entire site and can’t find it. I really want to get it for my baby for her birthday. Not that I haven’t already bought her many things from here for her birthday… SHe is going to be ModCloth spoiled this year. Great site, inspiring stuff even for us guys… Lol

9. Erin 10/11/2012 at 9:03 am #

Yay Bri and Rachel! You ladies look great!

10. Adin U. Blankenship 10/13/2012 at 5:22 pm #

Thank you so much for sharing all of these. Now I know how to tie a pretty bow. :) Love it! And I love her skirt too. LOL! :)

11. thegingerbeader 10/18/2012 at 9:14 am #

I love the scarf tying tutorial, but my scarves are too short for styles 5 and 6. What are the dimensions of the scarves used in this demo?

12. Stephanie O. 10/23/2012 at 2:32 pm #

Is there any way that you can do a tutorial of how to tie your winter coat belts?? You guys always have the cutest ways of tying the belts but I can never replicate it! Just a suggestion :)