As the holidays draw near and those festive fete invitations start rolling in, have your thoughts turned to your hair and how to wear it this holiday season? If you’re coming up short on quick and easy ways to wrangle your mop, never fear, we’re here to help! Over the next few weeks we’ll show you how to add a pinch of pizazz to your look — whether your hair is closely cropped, more on the medium side, or of longer lengths.
You might remember ModEmployee Anna from our last short hair post, and your eyes do not deceive you — she has a brand new gamine ‘do! If you’re rocking a pixie cut like Anna, the trick to changing up your look is playing with product and adding accessories. Here’s how to achieve Anna’s tousled tresses…
1. Start by curling all over with a 1/2-inch curling iron.
2. For the back sections, curl as much as you can with the curling iron directed in, towards your head.
3. Emulsify a small amount of your favorite pomade or styling cream between your hands.
4. Adding a small amount of product at a time, work the styling cream throughout your hair, playing with direction as you go.
5. Once you’ve achieved the desired look, spritz with light-hold hairspray to set. We finished Anna’s look by adding the eye-catching Work of Art Deco Earrings, and wrapping the Adding Awe Stole around her shoulders.
Stay tuned, next Monday we’ll roll out a medium-length hairstyle that’s holiday ready!