Dressed to Dazzle: 3 Holiday Dresses, 3 Ways!

_MG_2998

Whether you’re cozying up with friends for carols and cocktails, dressing up for a night at The Nutcracker, or spreading the cheer with your nearest and dearest, you’ll surely need a dress to dazzle for all the festive occasions on your calendar this holiday season. Today, I tried my hand at styling fellow ModEmployee Molly in three fancy frocks and complementary coats.

Molly 5

SOPHISTICATED GLAMOUR — Looking for a sophisticated look that can take you anywhere? Try a classic sheath dress in a holly-berry hue. Accented with gold shoes and accessories, and a coordinating coat, this look is seasonally stunning!

Molly wears the:
Whatever You Fancy Dress in Brick
Voyage to Vienna Coat
Outfit Enhancement Tights
Everything’s Aglow Heel in Gold
Tip the Scales Necklace
Chic Sophisticate Gloves

Molly 2

CLASSICALLY TRAINED — For an evening at the opera or ballet, try a two-fer dress in velvet and gold that will sparkle brighter than the holiday lights. We paired the Either Ornament Dress with a classic black coat, and eye-catching crimson shoes for a look that’s perfect for a night on the town.

Molly 1

Molly wears the:
Either Ornament Dress
Heart of Bold Heel in Carmine Coil
Ahead of the Vines Bracelet
Sleek and Sable Coat
In With the Avenue Gloves
Tights for Every Occasion in Black

Molly 4

SHINE ON — If an evening out with friends is more your style, try a dress in an unconventional color — like sparkling silver! Paired with bold accessories, this eye-catching dress will quickly become the life of the party.

Molly 3

Molly wears the:
Plenty by Tracy Reese Once and Future Queen Dress
Got a lot of Verve Heel
What I Amethyst Bag
Outfit Enhancement Tights
Best and Brightest Coat

Do you have a go-to look for the holidays?

About Julie O.

A lover of all things vintage and vintage-inspired, Julie bought her first 1950’s frock in the fifth grade. Since then, Julie has become a self-described connoisseur of vintage and thrift shopping, which she shares on her blog, Orchid Grey. When she’s not scouring the racks for the perfect vintage skirt, this native New Englander can be found deftly navigating the slopes of a ski mountain, taking road-trips to the beach, and exploring new places with a vintage camera in her hand.

, , , , ,

7 Responses to Dressed to Dazzle: 3 Holiday Dresses, 3 Ways!

1. Mary 12/05/2012 at 12:15 pm #

I love the combination of those dotty tights and gold shoes – gorgeous!

2. Sarah 12/05/2012 at 8:15 pm #

The links to what she is wearing aren’t working :(

3. Paula 12/06/2012 at 3:16 am #

All the outfits are beautiful…but I really love the one with the funky Dorothy red shoes….and Miss Molly is adorable…..love the name also….

4. Kristy 12/06/2012 at 10:22 am #

The third dress in silver looks like it fits her poorly. I get the impression of a baggy halloween costume. However, the second dress is very elegant and yet young and fun when paired with those funky shoes. :)

5. C 12/07/2012 at 2:25 pm #

Very classic looking outfits, and I like that they are paired with jackets and gloves. I like the color and form of he first two the most, but a more structured dress works better for my body type. Maybe the Lady Love Song Dress as a sub for the first and maybe the Grand Hall Dress for the second?

6. Yvette Adams 12/25/2012 at 3:21 am #

Oh my goodness, the red shoes! They are absolutely gorgeous. Just letting you know I tried to follow the link and it didn’t work but I found them myself – http://www.modcloth.com/shop/shoes-heels/heart-of-bold-heel-in-carmine-coil#

7. Aleksandra 12/25/2012 at 6:18 am #

Both the yellow and the burgundy coat are to die for! I love your outfits, they are both very elegant and cozy at the same time. And you look stunning.Excellent advises for the holidays.