We’ve showed you how to add a pinch of pizazz to a pixie cut, and today we’re here with a marvelous, medium ‘do. We played up ModEmployee Mary‘s classic style with an updated bun and luxe-textured accessories for a holiday look that’s perfect for pairing with a party-ready ensemble.
1. Determine the placement of your part and work a small dab of smoothing cream through dry strands.
2. To smooth all over, run a flat iron over the top section and bangs, angling downwards.
3. Using a bobby pin, pin the front section off to the side.
4. With hair in a low ponytail, make a split in your hair just above the elastic.
5. Loop your hair up and through the space above your elastic.
6. Using a fine tooth comb or teasing brush, tease your ponytail, spritz with light hold hairspray.
7. Using bobby pins, start pinning the sections of your ponytail, tucking the ends in the hole where you looped your hair.
8. Continue pinning until all your hair is pinned into a bun and the ends are tucked. If your hair is on the shorter side, spritz with hairspray as you go, being sure to tuck fly-aways beneath longer strands.
9. Mist all over with medium hold hairspray. To add a little sparkle, we replaced the plain bobby-pin holding back Mary’s bangs with a shimmery clip, and slipped a vibrant velvet scarf around her neck.
+ What’s your go-to hairstyle for party season?