You know your foodie friends prefer to do it themselves, so why not support their handmade hopes by gifting them with one of these fab foodie items selected by the flavorful Mary Alice Yeskey of Ace of Cakes’ Charm City Cakes! Not only is she an expert in edibles, but she’s also a hoot – check out her commentary below.
1. Cat-ula – “Grumpy mornings are not possible if you’re flipping your flapjacks or eggs with this happy kitty! My crazy cat lady coworker Elena will love this.”
2. Roy G. Baker Food Prep Set – “As a mom of a toddler, I love kitchen items that can double as toys to keep the little critter busy while I’m fixing dinner. This set is so bright and fun I expect to find it in my son’s toy chest on a regular basis.”
3. The Meal Deal Lunch Set – “Yesterday’s spaghetti will look absolutely adorable in this perfectly coordinated lunch set. It’s like a new dress for your leftovers!”
4. Scanwiches – “Every day, my coworker Graham makes exquisitely assembled sandwiches for lunch and often takes pictures of his masterful creations. They are so impressive, we call them ‘Graham-wiches.’” This book was made for him.”
5. The Sriracha Cookbook – “All hail the mighty Sriracha! The gang at Charm City Cakes always has a bottle of the red rooster stuff on hand to add to our eggs, sandwiches, what have you. This cookbook will broaden our Sriracha horizons. I’m especially intrigued by the Sriracha desserts!”
6. Watch and Yearn Recipe Journal – “Any at-home or professional chef needs to keep track of their secret recipes. This gorgeous Moleskine book takes culinary note taking to a sleek and sophisticated level.”
That wraps up our guest gifter series for this holiday season! Thanks to all of our amazing experts for their prime prezzie picks!
SEE THE REST OF OUR GUEST GIFTERS
Gifts for DIYers with Chronicle Books’ Kate Woodrow
Cat Lady Luxuries with Etsy’s Alison Feldman
Statement-maker Must-haves with Refinery29′s Katie Hintz-Zambrano
Kitschy Cool Favorites from Susan