Last week, we showed you how to add some glamour to medium-length manes, and today we’re here with a ladylike style for the long-haired. We played up ModEmployee Natalie‘s vintage-inspired style with a braid-bedecked bouffant and eye-catching accessories for a holiday look that packs a stylish punch.
1. If you have bangs like Natalie, use a flat iron to lightly curl them off to the side, so they frame your face.
2. Using a rat-tail comb, section off the hair at the crown of your head.
3. Separate this hair cross-wise into two sections.
4. With the top section pinned out of the way, spritz the under-section with light-hold hairspray.
5. Using a teasing comb or brush, lightly tease this section of hair.
6. Repeat with the top section, making sure the two segments do not blend.
7. Gathering the lower section of hair, create a small bouffant shape. Pin into place with bobby pins.
8. Unpin the top section and, after spritzing lightly with hairspray, fold it over the smaller bouffant.
9. Pin into place with bobby pins.
10. To add volume to your bouffant, use the tail end of a rat-tail comb to gently lift and shape while spraying with hairspray.
11. Working one side at a time, create two braids on either side of your face.
12. Using bobby-pins, pin each braid so it frames the bouffant you’ve created
13. We suggest using a mirror or a friend to ensure your pins are hidden!
14. We worked with Natalie’s natural texture by adding a few loose curls with a 1-inch curling iron.
15. Blend your bangs by adding a few small curls around your hairline.
16. To finish, break up the curls with your fingers (don’t brush) and spray lightly all over with hairspray. We added some sparkle to Natalie’s look with the Through the Threshold Earrings and the All Faux You Jacket.