We’re Sorry!

Winston

On Monday, due to the overwhelming response to the Cabin Fever Sale, we experienced technical failures on our site. We heard from you on social media and via Customer Care, and we know how frustrated this made you feel. We recognize that we’ve grown so much because of you, our community, and we hope you’ll accept our sincerest apologies.

The good news is that the site is back up and running, and the sale is still on with hundreds of items left to shop. Thank you so much for your patience and continued support.

Susan & Eric signature

P.S. Oh, and in case you were wondering, the mishap wasn’t caused by Winston chewing on a wire!

About ModCloth

16 Responses to We’re Sorry!

1. Et tu, tutu? 01/22/2013 at 4:54 pm #

Thanks for admitting you guys may have made some mistakes! I personally did not experience technical errors but I know how frustrating it can be when it happens, and it shows real integrity as a company that you can say sorry! Thanks for always having such great customer service!

2. Kristina 01/22/2013 at 5:09 pm #

You guys are such honest people! ^_^

3. hi 01/22/2013 at 5:11 pm #

they didn’t make mistakes… it was just overwhelming traffic! you can’t blame them!

4. chisom 01/22/2013 at 5:14 pm #

This would be great news for me who had problems with the site, except ALL the items I’d planned on purchasing yesterday are now sold out :( You guys have been doing the cabin sales for some years now, and considering how your customer base keeps growing, you should have done a better job anticipating the load on your servers. Oh well, hopefully these issues will be fixed for the next such sale!

5. Lindsey 01/22/2013 at 5:30 pm #

I’m still seeing the ‘Temporarily Unavailable’ message.
    I’m really bummed because this was one of the first times I’ve actually been able to find sale items still available in my size. I’m sure they will be sold out when everything is back up and running again, there were some great deals

6. jeskad 01/22/2013 at 5:40 pm #

<3 you guys! Thanks for owning when stuff goes sideways.

7. Lowtown 01/22/2013 at 6:21 pm #

You can never TRULY anticipate your web traffic. Especially if your site keeps growing and becoming even more awesome every day. I think you are doing a wonderful job.

8. :) 01/22/2013 at 6:32 pm #

Thanks!!! I had to enter my info a few times, but it was well worth it! This is the only place where I can get my kind of fashions, so thanks, Modcloth!

9. Sunita 01/22/2013 at 6:40 pm #

It was complete and utter madness, but it was to be expected. :)

10. Kel Marie 01/22/2013 at 8:20 pm #

I appreciate the responses you have given me and all your customers after this snafu. Your customer service has always been the best of any other online retailer. I had a few issues putting my order through but nothing too serious. I have heard some pretty bad stories though. People who’s order went through twice accidentally, and overseas customers who are still waiting to see if all their purchases have shipped. I think you’ve responded as best you can, so I can’t really be too mad. But I hope you don’t underestimate yourselves in the future. ModCloth is an internationally known retailer. You should definitely be prepared for more love than you expect.
    I hope you don’t lose all those wonderful things we love as you grow and grow. Amazing customer service, great boutique brands and unique fashions.

11. Alma R. 01/22/2013 at 8:52 pm #

Ah, so that makes sense why the website was slow and crashing yesterday. Thank you for fixing it! You guys are great!

12. Kerri 01/23/2013 at 6:39 am #

It’s tempting to be disappointed, because I too lost out on every single item I had any interest in, roughly a dozen. Bad for your bottom line, but good for mine, I guess.

13. Disney 01/23/2013 at 9:56 am #

You guys are so sweet to apologize. It’s not your fault! Just silly computers. And you can’t help the fact that you’re popular. ;)

14. Courtney 01/23/2013 at 10:23 am #

I did find things a wee slow and had to refreash the page a couple times but to think we probably all saw the sale e-mail around the same time, and got on the website and tried to buy around the same time, it was to be expected. I didn’t loose out on any of my purchases :) Thank you for being so honest!

15. Amba 01/23/2013 at 2:17 pm #

My cart was emptied 3 times – after the 3rd time I gave up. I appreciate the apology.

16. Meg 01/23/2013 at 4:02 pm #

Thanks for the apology! I dumped a $300 cart out of frustration after several site crashes and lagging resulted in me losing out on the items I wanted most! Maybe it’s time to upgrade your systems – popularity is a great problem to have, if you can manage it correctly! Hopefully next time will be better!