Nail Klub: Nourish Your Nails with an All-Natural, DIY Hand Treatment

While we here at Nail Klub love the flurries, frost, and snow-focused fun of wintertime, our nails can’t wait for their least favorite season to finally blow over. If you’re like us, the dry, cold air has left your pointers — and your hands — crackly, fragile, and, well, just kind of uncomfy. Luckily, Nail Klub is here with a moisturizing, exfoliating, nourishing hand treatment that will get your digits back to feeling beautiful. No joke — after treating our hands to this strawberry, oatmeal, and olive oil mix, our hands felt pillow soft for days to come. We were so impressed by this creamy concoction that we’re already investigating ways to make it even more luxurious, such as adding nail-strengthening coconut oil or amping up the exfoliating power with some coarse brown sugar.

Stir up a little spa of your own using our tutorial as a guide, and share your homemade beauty tricks in the comments below!

anna

About Anna

Anna's the kind of don't-take-yourself-too-seriously gal who can spend an evening at Monday Night Raw and then turn around and write about nail designs and glitter with just as much sincere, unadulterated delight. She's a firm believer in cats' ability to see ghosts, the Pittsburgh Pirates, and the fact that if she wishes enough, she'll never have to iron again.

, , , ,

10 Responses to Nail Klub: Nourish Your Nails with an All-Natural, DIY Hand Treatment

1. Katharina 02/27/2013 at 8:35 am #

Nice idea. Just one thing: If there are actually fresh, locally grown strawberries in February where you life, then it’s not winter!

• Tara 03/03/2013 at 11:19 pm #

everbearing strawberries can bud and bear fruit just as the frost is thawing, so February is actually when a lot of climates start to see their first opportunity to harvest fresh strawberries. the more you know!

• Katharina 03/19/2013 at 2:39 pm #

Strawberries cannot blosom while there is still frost. A single cold night can destroy the full crop. After bloom it takes about 3 weeks even for faster varieties to bear fruit.
      I’m not sure what climate you live in, but here, frosty night are quite common even after (meterological) spring has started. The first local strawberries are usually offered about 6 weeks after the last frosty nights.

• Abby J 03/28/2013 at 6:33 pm #

You can get strawberries from Florida or California in mid February. The area of Florida I used to live in is famous for it’s annual Strawberry Festival which takes place during late February and early March. Most grocery store chains get there strawberries from California or Florida anyway…

2. lperkin 02/27/2013 at 2:18 pm #

Can’t wait to try this! I like to use all natural products on my skin, but will admit that my hands don’t get a lot of TLC. I use a combination of olive oil and castor oil for facial cleansing, vinegar as a toner, and coconut oil as a moisturizer. I wrote a blog post detailing my natural skin care routine because so many of my friends were curious about how it works! http://plumfieldshop.blogspot.com/2011/08/skin-care-101.html

3. Mary Ann Young Robinson 03/03/2013 at 9:13 am #

I eat oatmeal, coconut oil, brwn sugar, so I basically could just put my hands in my breakfast? Ha Ha ,Sounds great.

4. Tara Roth 03/03/2013 at 9:17 am #

Does it have to be strawberries? I think a part of my spirit will die a little if I use them for anything other than eating.

• Anna (ModCloth) 03/04/2013 at 6:39 am #

Hey Tara! Nope, the strawberries are totally optional, though they do have acids in them that help exfoliate your skin. Honestly, I just loved how they left my hands smelling! But you’ll still get tons of moisturizing benefits if you decide to go with just the oatmeal and oil and save the berries for a little post-pampering snack :)

5. Susannah 03/03/2013 at 11:42 pm #

My Mother, Sister, and I just tried this! Thanks for posting it!

6. Ellen 03/20/2013 at 2:17 pm #

I can’t wait to try this! I am so glad it will cure my dry skin!!!!