Vow to Wow: Behind the Scenes with Our Latest Vintage Collection

Whether you’ll soon be sashaying down the aisle, or just looking for a wedding-worthy addition to your closet, our first-ever vintage wedding collection, Vow To Wow, will have you exclaiming, “I do!” Our merchandising team has been hard at work revamping the vintage voice for ModCloth — we’ve moved from launching one vintage item daily to a curated monthly collection, and Vow to Wow is our first such collection!

“We know that our customer is always looking for something that sets her apart from the crowd, and her big day is certainly no exception!” says Alyssa, our Merchandising and Styling Manager. “We are releasing this vintage wedding story all at once as a full collection so that everyone has a chance to see and purchase these lovely pieces. To gather this collection, our sourcing team hit the road, scouring vintage and antique markets and meeting with delightfully knowledgeable dealers to curate this wonderfully special collection.”

Be sure to check out all the one-of-a-kind pieces we found for Vow to Wow, and let us know what you think!

About Julie O.

A lover of all things vintage and vintage-inspired, Julie bought her first 1950’s frock in the fifth grade. Since then, Julie has become a self-described connoisseur of vintage and thrift shopping, which she shares on her blog, Orchid Grey. When she’s not scouring the racks for the perfect vintage skirt, this native New Englander can be found deftly navigating the slopes of a ski mountain, taking road-trips to the beach, and exploring new places with a vintage camera in her hand.

6 Responses to Vow to Wow: Behind the Scenes with Our Latest Vintage Collection

1. Eliza 03/05/2013 at 2:25 pm #

I love it! Keep up the amazing work, Moddies!!

2. Sara 03/05/2013 at 5:01 pm #

While I think the prices for many of the dresses are reasonable, many other items are WAY overpriced. Considering I have access to many vintage shops in Chicago, I can find handkerchiefs in similar condition in person, or online elsewhere, for much less. Please revise your price points and I’ll be more inclined to buy your vintage wares!

3. astridhaze 03/05/2013 at 5:03 pm #

While I think the prices on many of the dresses are accurate, many other items like the handkerchiefs are way too expensive. Handkerchiefs are not a difficult vintage or antiquity item to find, and I’ve seen many antiquities in similar shape for less! Please revise your price points and I’ll consider buying your vintage wares- until then I’m sticking to my tried and true local shops.

4. PrincessMononoke 03/06/2013 at 8:00 am #

I was wondering why all of your vintage pieces are so small, whenever I look at them they have waists that are 12 inches or smaller, no one can fit into that!

• Sammi 03/06/2013 at 9:53 pm #

To the girl above: The waist measurements are probably taken as flat measurements. If so, you need to double the flat measurement in order to find the actual waist. In other words, if the waist on a vintage item is listed as 12″, you would need to double it to find the measurement, so this would fit someone with a 24″ waist measurement.

I have been swooning over several items in the new wedding line, and I agree that the dresses are priced quite reasonably (though all were too small for me, sadly). I wish the fascinators and gloves were less expensive, but I understand they must be in excellent quality, and some were quite unique. Hope to see more vintage wedding items soon!

5. typical90schild 03/06/2013 at 8:47 pm #

oh my, that blue dress!!!