Fave Finds: Melanie’s Maxi Skirt

Fave Finds Melanie

Who: Melanie from A Modern Dame

What: Long, vintage floral skirt with lace trim at the bottom

Where: Salvation Army

How Much: $2.00

When I Use It: “This adorable skirt is perfect when combined with a cozy sweater for a blissful autumn date, or worn as a maxi dress and paired with a cute belt for a simple day out!”

Shopping Tips: “I find that it’s good to glance over an aisle to look for a unique texture or pattern. I can usually find my favorite closet items when I do so! Whether it be shopping at a thrift store or at H&M, it’s best to love what you buy at first glance than to second-guess yourself.”

DO YOU HAVE A FAVE FIND? We know you’re the cleverest vintage hunters around, and we want to hear the story of your Fave Find! E-mail favefinds@modcloth.com with a photo of you with your vintage find (a rare record, a retro dress, or other treasures), and answer the following: Who, What, Where, How Much, When I Use It, and Shopping Tips!

About Julie O.

A lover of all things vintage and vintage-inspired, Julie bought her first 1950’s frock in the fifth grade. Since then, Julie has become a self-described connoisseur of vintage and thrift shopping, which she shares on her blog, Orchid Grey. When she’s not scouring the racks for the perfect vintage skirt, this native New Englander can be found deftly navigating the slopes of a ski mountain, taking road-trips to the beach, and exploring new places with a vintage camera in her hand.

6 Responses to Fave Finds: Melanie’s Maxi Skirt

1. Victoria / Justice Pirate 04/24/2013 at 11:49 am #

What an amazing $2 spend!!! Love how this looks on her!!

2. Emma 04/24/2013 at 12:49 pm #

very pretty! I love when a skirt can double as a dress :)

-Emma from little motley

3. BeingZhenya 04/24/2013 at 5:42 pm #

Love this find! Will definitely be emailing you with some of my favorite thrift finds soon!
    Zhenya

4. patriciablaj 05/02/2013 at 10:04 am #

What a beautiful find! Ah this post really made me miss vintage hunting :)

5. Parul kapoor 05/08/2013 at 2:35 am #

Wonderful!! Really nice vintage floral skirt unique and different color. Love it these type of vintage clothing.!!

6. Donna Dean 05/09/2013 at 9:58 pm #

Fabulous Skirt!! Love it…This skirt matching black sandal with out heel.