You know fashion, so we know you’re ready for our second Eye of the Buyer Contest! On your mark, get set — go to Be the Buyer and check out sample #2890! Your next move could win you a $200 gift certificate.
Trust your sartorial instincts to ‘Pick’ or ‘Skip’ the sample, and tell us how you’d alter it in a comment with the hashtag #DesignerDistrict. Consider your commentary while sketching a new image of the piece with alterations, and send it to us via Submittable. Catch all the deets below:
- All sketch alterations must be submitted via Submittable. No email submissions will be accepted.
- Only one entry per person, please! (e.g. Post just one alteration comment on the Be the Buyer page and one corresponding sketch via Submittable.)
- Contestants must submit their sketched alteration by 6:00 p.m. PT on 5/6, when the contest will close.
- The file of your sketch should be PDF, JPG, PNG, TIFF, or GIF, and should not exceed 5MB. We’re looking for scanned sketches, or high-quality, well-lit photos of the sketch on a white/light grey background (low-quality images may be declined). The ideal format is vertical with a 3Ã—5 dimension ratio.
- Sketches should clearly highlight the contestant’s suggested alterations to the Be the Buyer sample. Entries should demonstrate alterations that add to or take away from the original Be the Buyer sample.
- No need to work from a template, but you may download a free online version here, here, or here.
- This contest is open to US citizens and permanent legal residents. Contestants under 18 must include a letter of consent from a parent or guardian with their entry in Submittable.
- Entries will be judged on how well they interpret the task of altering an original piece, the ModCloth aesthetic, general wearability, marketability, produce-ability, and creativity.
- One winner will receive a $200 GC and will be announced on Tumblr and as an update to this blog post.
- If you have questions, review our full contest rules or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keep your buyer’s eye on the prize. Your alteration of Be the Buyer Sample #2890 could be the hit of the contest!
UPDATE (5/30/2013) – Thanks to everyone who picked/skipped, commented, and re-sketched Sample #2890. Of the 70 alteration submissions we received, winner Shannon M.’s revision wrapped up this contest with a chic bow!