9 Unusually Delicious Ice Cream Topping Ideas

Fun Ice Cream Topping Ideas via Story by ModCloth

Do dish: What are your favorite unconventional ice cream combos?

About Jenn

Jenn's first career aspiration was to be a dinosaur. After her kindergarten teacher informed her that couldn't happen, she decided she would be the next best thing: a writer. Aside from writing, Jenn loves chambray shirts, all cacti, and good typography.

, , , ,

8 Responses to 9 Unusually Delicious Ice Cream Topping Ideas

1. Tori 07/19/2013 at 11:43 am #

I’m sure this is known by many, but instead of a traditional root beer float, I sometimes pour coca-cola over my chocolate ice cream. It is amazing!

2. Mae East 07/19/2013 at 12:49 pm #

As a kid, I would make lemonade floats by putting big scoops of french vanilla ice cream in a styrofoam bowl or glass, then pouring lemonade over the top. Yummy! Sometimes I would add a bunch of maraschino cherries with juice, to fancy it up.
    Another kid favorite was putting strawberry drink powder (Nesquick) and adding some milk to vanilla ice cream to make gritty strawberry-flavored shakes.
    Now that I am all grown up, I opt to top vanilla ice cream with strawberry or banana slices and BIG globs of Nutella. Sooo good.

• Michaela 07/28/2013 at 5:05 pm #

And the ice cream didn’t curdle? I gotta try that! :D

3. Lee 07/19/2013 at 7:06 pm #

The S’mores combination is something I have to make!

4. Katie 07/20/2013 at 8:19 pm #

I crush up pretzels and mix them in with creamy Vanilla ice cream. Best. Flavour. Ever.

5. Dorothy 08/02/2013 at 7:10 am #

Chocolate ice cream with crushed, super-crunchy kettle cooked potato chips. The salty taste really makes the chocolate take off.

6. 0629julie 08/07/2013 at 8:05 am #

I really want to taste them! Yummmm~~~

7. EMpulse 08/29/2013 at 12:56 am #

If you’ve never tried this before, you really should! Crush some fortune cookies with your hand and sprinkle them over your favorite ice cream. The crunchy texture combined with the smooth is delightful and oh so delish!