Designed by ModCloth: A First Look

First Look - Designed by ModCloth

Extra, extra! Read all about it! ModCloth is in today’s New York Timesand, eagle-eyed readers of the article will notice that we’ve got some exciting news to share: the arrival of two new, designed-by-ModCloth brands to our store. That’s right, designed by ModCloth! The two brands, Myrtlewood of California and Bea & Dot, are inspired by our founder Susan’s personal vintage collection, and are trickling their ways onto our site for you to get a first look at and shop right now.

This isn’t the end of the ‘Designed by ModCloth’ story, though. On the contrary, it’s just beginning. In the weeks ahead, we’ll be showing you more of Myrtlewood and Bea & Dot, and, of course, take you behind the scenes so you can see how these collections came to be. Stay tuned!

Myrtlewood
Bea-&-Dot

About ModCloth

, ,

9 Responses to Designed by ModCloth: A First Look

1. Kimberly 09/11/2013 at 9:52 pm #

I am LOVING the Chic Companion Skirt in Chat! Oh, and all of the rest of these dresses! Brilliant!

• ModCloth 09/12/2013 at 12:49 pm #

Thank you, Kimberly! <3

2. Melanie Sutrathada 09/12/2013 at 6:20 am #

This is so exciting – congrats Modcloth! I’ve been a huge fan for what seems like an eternity and it’s been wonderful to watch your company really grow. I’m already oogling the Director’s Cute Dress and about a dozen other things on your site, and look forward to seeing all your new developments!

Melanie

• ModCloth 09/12/2013 at 12:47 pm #

Thanks, Melanie! Your support means everything to us! :)

3. leahwise 09/12/2013 at 6:35 am #

I noticed that most designed by ModCloth items are listed as imported. What are the labor standards at the facilities you use? What steps are you taking to ensure that workers are treated ethically? Thanks. I always ask these questions before purchasing an item.

• ModCloth 09/12/2013 at 12:47 pm #

Hi, Leahwise!

ModCloth strongly respects internationally recognized human rights and environmental standards, and places them at the core of our business practices. We’ve established a program to partner with our suppliers to support them in doing all they can to create safe and fair working conditions. One of the components of this program is an assessment program that helps identify issues that require additional attention.

Thanks for asking!

• Julia Marshall 12/13/2013 at 1:21 pm #

Like Leahwise, I want to know that your workers are treated fairly. I’m pleased to see that you have a program in place – but frankly your answer lacks enough detail for me to feel that I can ethically buy clothing from the Bea & Dot and Myrtlewood ranges. Such a shame because since I stopped buying non-fair-trade clothing I really miss shopping with ModCloth, and I love the designs available in your new ranges. Please could you make a whole lot more information available about where the clothes are manufactured, and a whole lot more detail about the agreements and conditions that are place.

Also, it would be fantastic to be able to easily shop your site for clothing that is fair-trade and/or sustainably produced. Perhaps you could create or source some new ranges? And add options to shop for these?

Here’s hoping that one day soon I’ll be able to be stylishly and ethically dressed by ModCloth!

4. Valerie C. 09/13/2013 at 5:27 am #

Love this post and the New York Times article!! Susan looks so beautiful above in both pics and the mint/aqua top in the shot at left is a fabulous shade on her. Pup looks good too : )

5. Lauren 09/20/2013 at 3:50 pm #

So excited for your company’s growth- must be such a dream come true! I was happy to find out that nearly all the clothes I have been eyeballing as of late were Mod designed and produced. Really great fabrics and design- best brands you’ve carried! Also, I greatly appreciate the extended sizes available in these great new styles. Congrats and thank you!