Designed by ModCloth, Worn by Margie: Margie Plus Visits Our L.A. Office!

If you’re anything like us, you’ve fallen head over heels for our two new labels, Bea & Dot and Myrtlewood, designed exclusively by ModCloth! In collaboration with Lucky Magazine, we recently had the pleasure of welcoming blogger Margie of Margie Plus to our sunny L.A. office, where she tried on a few of her favorite designed-by-ModCloth dresses and got all the details on what makes these fanciful frocks stand out. Check out Margie’s video, above, for a behind-the-scenes look at our Designed by ModCloth Department and to see these dresses in action, and be sure to check out the full range of styles from each eye-catching line on our site!

About Julie O.

A lover of all things vintage and vintage-inspired, Julie bought her first 1950s frock in the fifth grade. Since then, Julie has become a self-described connoisseur of vintage and thrift shopping, which she shares on her blog, Orchid Grey. When she’s not scouring the racks for the perfect vintage skirt, this native New Englander can be found deftly navigating the slopes of a ski mountain, taking road-trips to the beach, and exploring new places with a vintage camera in her hand.

, , , , , ,

8 Responses to Designed by ModCloth, Worn by Margie: Margie Plus Visits Our L.A. Office!

1. Vicky 10/12/2013 at 3:32 pm #

Where is the yellow top she is wearing during the Myrtlewood segment? I can’t seem to find it on Modcloth. :(

2. Sandra 10/21/2013 at 7:09 am #

Please make your dresses, etc. longer. So far I’ve only found the “Hail to the Cabinet” dress that was long enough (46 inches) and it is out of stock (apparently also came in forest green which I really would prefer but it is also out of stock). Not everyone is under 5 foot 6 inches. My office is conservative so wearing items above the knee is out of the question especially if you are tall where the short length makes one look like they are wearing a tutu.

• Karina 10/25/2013 at 11:47 am #

I agree!! I am 6′ and only have purchased one dress, and I loved it so much that i couldn’t bring myself to return it but i cannot wear it as a dress. I so love the designs but am afraid to purchase anymore due to length concerns.

• Yvonne deCordova 10/27/2013 at 10:45 pm #

Yes! I love so many of your pieces, but unfortunately they tend to run a little short on me. Particularly through the waist. N one wants to see a bosomy 5′ 9″ in a dress with a waist that l lands just under my chest. I have bought up a size so that I can alter the dress, but I would much rather a longer waisted dress. Thanks

3. Imano1952 10/25/2013 at 11:47 am #

I agree with you i love the dresses but don’t order them because they are to short.knee length is much more flattering .

4. Selma 10/27/2013 at 1:47 am #

I love that black dress! Is it available?
    I also agree i’m 5’7 and I find the plus size dresses to be too short, I wish they were knee length.