Street Style: Sweater Weather

PFW-Street-5-7_13234244323Image via Vogue.

As much as I love summer, there’s one aspect of fall that trumps all other seasons: sweater weather. When autumn hits that perfect peak of sunny skies and crisp air, leaves crunch beneath your feet, and all you need is just a little extra layering to stay warm and cozy. Today I’ve rounded up a few of my favorite sweater-clad street style stars to serve as inspiration for the season ahead. If you’re looking for a new way to style up your knitwear, check out the looks below and be sure to leave your sweater styling suggestions in the comments!

streetstyle10058-web Image via Vanessa Jackman.

tumblr_md8dccflsK1rvyatyo1_1280 Image via Boston Street Style.

311766Image via Stockholm Streetstyle.

20130914_03
Image via Hel-Looks.

About Julie O.

A lover of all things vintage and vintage-inspired, Julie bought her first 1950’s frock in the fifth grade. Since then, Julie has become a self-described connoisseur of vintage and thrift shopping, which she shares on her blog, Orchid Grey. When she’s not scouring the racks for the perfect vintage skirt, this native New Englander can be found deftly navigating the slopes of a ski mountain, taking road-trips to the beach, and exploring new places with a vintage camera in her hand.

9 Responses to Street Style: Sweater Weather

1. BeingZhenya 10/18/2013 at 12:41 pm #

Love the sweaters! Is there any way to be featured on your blog?
    Zhenya

2. Pualani 10/22/2013 at 8:34 am #

Is it possible to have too many sweaters? Not surprised at all to see the sweater-skater skirt combos. They’re great for quick outfits on the go.

3. Megs 10/22/2013 at 8:19 pm #

A style that never goes out, is one of layering . The layered look is the chic fashion faboo for Fall/Winter months. Placing a coat over a sweater, leg Warner’s with tall boots, or collared shirts with thick sweaters, will make you look cozy and chic, while displaying the warmth of layers, for the seasons. These photos reflect the warmth of layering tops, with the element of chic and flirty with the skater skirts.

4. Carolyn 10/23/2013 at 3:57 pm #

Love this! I’m currently branching out with my sweater styling. I recently thrifted an assortment of chunky 80s sweaters that I’m pairing with a pencils and tights or boots. I love it! I’ll try to post some pictures on the style gallery.

5. Natasha B 10/24/2013 at 11:24 am #

It’s starting to get cooler here in Florida and I can’t wait to pull out my first sweater. Love the looks.

6. Clare 10/25/2013 at 6:54 am #

Great looks !

7. Steph 10/25/2013 at 10:17 am #

Maybe I’m silly and overly-practical, but if it’s cold enough for sweaters, aren’t your legs freezing?! hehe that’s all I can say

• Megs 10/25/2013 at 12:40 pm #

Well of course your legs will be freezing! That’s why the cute and new style of leggings with skater skirts is perfect!

8. Monica Dametto 11/19/2013 at 11:56 am #