Versatile Pieces for the Fashionable Mother-to-Be

PinterestTwitterEmailFacebooktumblr

050814_communityheader-weekly

mother to be
Image via Style Gallery User Katherine, wearing the Blueberry Buckle Dress.

With Mother’s Day right around the corner, we’ve been pondering the perfect gift for the moms in our lives. Then we got to thinking, what about the mom-to-bes? So, like we often do when we’re looking for direction, we turned to our Community to help us find the perfect pieces to give our favorite baby-bumped beauties. Keeping in mind the needs our Reviewers pointed out — like “comfort” material that “stretches” and pieces that have “post baby feedin’ ” potential — we pulled some of our favorite items that fit the bill. Check out the fashionable and functional pieces below, worthy of a new mommy’s next chapter:

Have a ModCloth piece that was perfect for your pregnancy? What about a dress that you love to throw on for a busy day chasing the kiddos? Include #modclothmom when you review a garment or show us your style on Instagram!

About ModCloth

, , , , ,

6 Responses to Versatile Pieces for the Fashionable Mother-to-Be

1. Emily 05/08/2014 at 7:43 pm #

I certainly wish you had a maternity section! With the exception of the open cardigan, none of these things would work past the fourth month or so. Try putting them on models in their third trimester to verify.

• Sunny 05/17/2014 at 5:24 pm #

The Coach Tour dress works in the third trimester. I can confirm this personally.

2. Andi 05/11/2014 at 8:22 am #

That last comment is totally right! If you wanted your current stuff to work… Stretchy cotton dresses with an emire waist… I think… If it has a waist line it can stop at the “midhip”….when I was pregnant I wore your tunic tops and some of your graphic tees. I was small through my whole pregnancy and didn’t really wear maturity pants… You should feature Maxie dresses… Skirts open sweaters… And fun jewelry! On the less I love your website!… Can you hire a stylist with a nursing back ground????

3. L 05/17/2014 at 11:54 am #

I wish you had a maternity section as well, Im 6 months pregnant and was checking the Modcloth website a few months ago to see if it had a maternity section. the cardigan and Busy week tunic would work, the rest would not because of the fitted waist. Buttondown shirts would be good for breastfeeding mothers. Dresses with elastic empire waistlines, babydoll style tops would be good for pregnancy.

4. Christina 05/18/2014 at 3:13 pm #

Sorry. None of the dresses posted here would work for me during pregnancy. The waists are too fitted. Additionally it is not just a matter of a swelling waistline and belly, but for most women the breasts increase in size. My experience with my mod cloth clothes is that they are not forgiving when I have gained a few pounds. I am only 11 weeks pregnant and have has to retire all my vintage-inspired clothes from mod cloth and anthropologie.

5. Kate 05/21/2014 at 6:23 pm #

Had high hopes for this post, but disappointed as most of these items wouldn’t work for 9/10 pregnant women. An actual maternity range would be fab!