ModCloth How-To: 5 Makeup Tips for Gals with Glasses

GeekGlass Still

Are you sporting a pair of super rad frames but still not sure how to make them work with makeup? Our team has the answer.

In the video below, you’ll learn how to make your makeup stand out from behind your glasses using tricks like creating a strong eyebrow and wearing a bold lipstick. Check it out.

About ModCloth

, ,

7 Responses to ModCloth How-To: 5 Makeup Tips for Gals with Glasses

1. Abigail Reeder 07/24/2014 at 10:48 am #

I love this! I have glasses and always need help understanding how to do my makeup!

2. moholy 07/24/2014 at 7:05 pm #

A touch deceptive: she’s wearing more makeup than concealer, primer, highlight, mascara & lips (those eyes are lined & she’s got a couple shadows blended, plus foundation that’s been contoured). Dabbing brushes on a finished face really isn’t a tutorial and pretending a fully made up model is only wearing minimal product can be pretty damaging to self esteem.

• khh1138 08/05/2014 at 9:26 am #

I so agree. Pet peeve: those awful “stars without makeup” photo series articles where the starlets going to buy groceries or walking the dog are obviously wearing the “no-makeup” look which takes about 30 minutes and 15 products. Articles like these make “regular” people feel like there is something wrong with their face, or why wouldn’t they look like that first thing in the morning?

• Maggie 08/13/2014 at 5:59 pm #

I agree 100%. Well said.

3. Sydney Duprey 07/24/2014 at 7:20 pm #

Ok, yes, LOVE. :D

4. Christine 07/24/2014 at 7:43 pm #

A super great tip, especially for people who are relatively new to make-up while wearing glasses! But even if you wear glasses, never be afraid to go bold with your eye make-up too. In fact, gals with glasses can get away with bolder eye make-up during the day than gals who don’t wear glasses!

5. Mickey 07/27/2014 at 10:45 pm #

I like doing a cat-eye eyeliner and a natural smokey eye shadow combo for when I wear my glasses. It gives a classic look and is very chic. I don’t usually wear foundation or concealer for the reason that after a few hours, surface oils begin to rise to the skin’s surface. But what I read for glasses-wearing-gals to do is to apply a little more translucent powder onto the nose bridge to elongate that window.