Looking for a way to add a little art-deco drama to your holiday ensembles this season? We’ve got your covered with this easy ’20s-inspired hair and makeup tutorial, courtesy of our friends at Benefit Cosmetics! Whether you’re headed to a ’20s-themed cocktail party or just looking to add a little glitz to your evening outfit, this tutorial will help you achieve a perfectly glamorous, vintage-meets-modern ’20s-inspired look!
Roarin’ ’20s Hair and Makeup Tutorial
1. After applying base makeup (We used The POREfessional all over the face, followed by Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow! foundation, Boi-ing concealer, and finished off with Hello Flawless! finishing powder), apply Hervana blush to the apples of your cheeks, blending upwards. Dab on nose and chin.
2. Apply Watt’s Up! highlighter along your cheekbone, the bridge of your nose, cupids bow, and chin. Don’t forget to blend, blend, blend!
3. Use Brow Zings to define your brows. Start with the pigmented wax for shaping, then apply natural-shaded powder to set.
4. Prime your entire eyelid with Stay, Don’t Stray primer and apply Creaseless Cream Shadow in No Pressure using your finger. Highlight your brow bone and the inner corner of your eyes with High Brow.
5. Apply a tiny amount of BADgal Waterproof Liner in Black along the lash line towards the outer corner of your eyes. Blend. You can also apply a small amount to the waterline for a more dramatic look, or dab a bit of shadow along the lower lash line.
6. Finish up your eyes with two coats of They’re Real! Mascara in Black.
7. Darken lips with a few layers of Benetint.
8. Then apply Hydra-Smooth lip color in Fling, and your beauty look is complete!
9. Section off your hair and begin to curl with a 1 1/2″ barrel curling iron. Start curling at the base and wrap hair around the barrel towards your face. Hold each section for seven seconds on medium heat.
10. For extra hold, you may set hair with clips as you go along. Once you’re finished curling set the look with light hair spray.
11. Tousle curls with your fingers. You can also run a paddle brush through to smooth the curls if you’d like. Then simply add an art deco-inspired hairpiece and your ’20s glam look is complete!
Want to complete your ’20s-glam look? Shop our golden era-inspired styles right here>>