The Style Gallery is a great new way for you to view, love, and share outfit photos. It’s meant to showcase all the expressive, creative, and inspirational personalities of our community!
If you’re anything like us, you’re always on the lookout for easy ways to incorporate vintage vibes into your modern party ensembles. That’s why we created this easy hair and makeup tutorial with a the help of Benefit Cosmetics, so you can add some swingin’ sixties style to your look — whether you want to add a dash of retro dazzle to your holiday outfit, or simply add a bit of drama to your everyday look!
Swingin’ ’60s Hair and Makeup Tutorial
1. After applying base makeup (We used The POREfessional all over the face followed by Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow! foundation, Boi-ing concealer, and finished off with Hello Flawless! finishing powder), apply CORALista blush to the apples of your cheeks. Highlight your cheekbones, the bridge of your nose, cupids bow and chin with Moon Beam highlighter.
2. For your eyes, use the Smokin’ Eyes brow and eye makeover kit. Start by applying the pink highlight shadow all over the lid followed by Eye Bright on the brow bone. Use the deep charcoal shadow in the outside crease of your lids and in the outer corner of your lash line. Blend the pewter base shadow in the middle of your lid.
3. Apply the smokin’ liner — from the brow and eye makeover kit — to the top of your lid and in your waterline. Don’t forget to blend, blend, blend!
4. Finish the eyes with two (or three) coats of BADGal Lash Mascara in Black.
5. Complete your look with Hydra-Smooth Lip Color in Air Kiss.
6. Section off your hair into two parts, from ear to ear. Back comb the back half of your hair using a fine-tooth comb and smooth out the top with a paddle brush for a subtle sixties pouf!
Want to complete your perfect ’60s-inspired look? Shop our swingin’ sixties-inspired styles right here>>
1960s, beauty how-to, diy, Fashion, holiday glam, mod, tutorial
this girl looks so much like poppy montgomery!
I love her look, and it’s so easy to recreate!
Love this…..please keep doing more 60’s & even 70’s styling
Do you sell that dress?
Is that dress ModCloth? I want it!
Now where do I find this dress?
I WANT THAT DRESS! WHERE DO I BUY IT?
Email (will not be published) (required)
© 2017 ModCloth, Inc. All Rights Reserved.