The Style Gallery is a great new way for you to view, love, and share outfit photos. It’s meant to showcase all the expressive, creative, and inspirational personalities of our community!
We’ve showed you how to add some glamour to medium-length manes, and today we’re here with a ladylike style for the long-haired. We played up ModEmployee Natalie‘s vintage-inspired style with a braid-bedecked bouffant and eye-catching accessories for a holiday look as stunning as your party-perfect ensemble.
1. If you have bangs like Natalie, use a flat iron to lightly curl them off to the side, so they frame your face.
2. Using a rat-tail comb, section off the hair at the crown of your head.
3. Separate this hair cross-wise into two sections.
4. With the top section pinned out of the way, spritz the under-section with light-hold hairspray.
5. Using a teasing comb or brush, lightly tease this section of hair.
6. Repeat with the top section, making sure the two segments do not blend.
7. Gathering the lower section of hair, create a small bouffant shape. Pin into place with bobby pins.
8. Unpin the top section and, after spritzing lightly with hairspray, fold it over the smaller bouffant.
9. Pin into place with bobby pins.
10. To add volume to your bouffant, use the tail end of a rat-tail comb to gently lift and shape while spraying with hairspray.
11. Working one side at a time, create two braids on either side of your face.
12. Using bobby-pins, pin each braid so it frames the bouffant you’ve created
13. We suggest using a mirror or a friend to ensure your pins are hidden!
14. We worked with Natalie’s natural texture by adding a few loose curls with a 1-inch curling iron.
15. Blend your bangs by adding a few small curls around your hairline.
16. To finish, break up the curls with your fingers (don’t brush) and spray lightly all over with hairspray.
Looking for more how-tos for hairdos? We posted a pixie and medium-length style as well!
+ How will you be wearing your hair this holiday season?
beauty how-to, hair tutorials, hairstyle, holiday glam, holidays
There is just something about long hair that screams vintage! If you need the perfect outfit to go with your holiday hair, check out my vintage website at http://www.vintagepod.com
Modcloth, Modcloth, Modcloth. Can I take a moment to tell you how much I love you? I have a slew of Christmas/holiday parties coming up, and usually I’ll just straighten my hair and wear it down or something. But now, I have a whole bunch of new styles to try. Thank you oh so much. You just might have MADE this Christmas season for me. But then again, you always do!
I have really long hair and this is a great tutorial. Can’t wait to try it! Thanks Modcloth! 🙂
Email (will not be published) (required)
© 2016 ModCloth, Inc. All Rights Reserved.