The Style Gallery is a great new way for you to view, love, and share outfit photos. It’s meant to showcase all the expressive, creative, and inspirational personalities of our community!
We’ve showed you how to add a pinch of pizazz to a pixie cut, and today we’re here with a marvelous, medium ‘do. We played up ModEmployee Mary‘s classic style with an updated bun and luxe-textured accessories for a holiday look that’s perfect for pairing with a party-ready ensemble.
1. Determine the placement of your part and work a small dab of smoothing cream through dry strands.
2. To smooth all over, run a flat iron over the top section and bangs, angling downwards.
3. Using a bobby pin, pin the front section off to the side.
4. With hair in a low ponytail, make a split in your hair just above the elastic.
5. Loop your hair up and through the space above your elastic.
6. Using a fine tooth comb or teasing brush, tease your ponytail, spritz with light hold hairspray.
7. Using bobby pins, start pinning the sections of your ponytail, tucking the ends in the hole where you looped your hair.
8. Continue pinning until all your hair is pinned into a bun and the ends are tucked. If your hair is on the shorter side, spritz with hairspray as you go, being sure to tuck fly-aways beneath longer strands.
9. Mist all over with medium hold hairspray. To add a little sparkle, we replaced the plain bobby-pin holding back Mary’s bangs with a shimmery clip, and slipped a vibrant velvet scarf around her neck.
+ What’s your go-to hairstyle for party season?
beauty how-to, hair tutorials, hairstyle, holiday glam, holidays, medium hair
This looks elegant, and the look appears easy to create. I can’t wait to try this!
this is such a cute hairstyle – and my hair’s just this length! Will definitely try this
May I beg for a tute suited to hair in between the pixie and past-shoulder? Your bob-wearing readers are crying out!
I agree! I have a bob, and all of your tutorials are either too short or too long, as are most on the internet.
Yes ! Me too I have a bob and am dying to try something new for the season.
LOVE this! Easy and super stylish will become my new default tho i have to agree with the posters above this *just* works with my overgrown bob, more bob styles please!
I crossed this look with the boho ponytail from another how-to and curled my pony instead of twisting it up, and it looks so cool! It’s super easy, takes ten minutes in the morning, and goes with a bunch of great looks! Thanks for the tips and tricks, ModCloth. 😀
Email (will not be published) (required)
© 2016 ModCloth, Inc. All Rights Reserved.