As the holidays draw near and those festive fete invitations start rolling in, you might be wondering what hair to pair with your party-perfect ensembles. If you’re coming up short on quick and easy ways to wrangle your mop, never fear, we’re here to help! Over the next few weeks we’ll show you how to add a pinch of pizazz to your look — whether your hair is closely cropped, more on the medium side, or of longer lengths.
You might remember ModEmployee Anna from our last short hair post, and your eyes do not deceive you — she has a brand new gamine ‘do! If you’re rocking a pixie cut like Anna, the trick to changing up your look is playing with product and adding accessories. Here’s how to achieve Anna’s tousled tresses…
1. Start by curling all over with a 1/2-inch curling iron.
2. For the back sections, curl as much as you can with the curling iron directed in, towards your head.
3. Emulsify a small amount of your favorite pomade or styling cream between your hands.
4. Adding a small amount of product at a time, work the styling cream throughout your hair, playing with direction as you go.
5. Once you’ve achieved the desired look, spritz with light-hold hairspray to set.
And voila! All that’s left to do is pick the perfect outfit to pair with your hair. We suggest starting with these festive finds!
+ Hey, there, short-haired gals — what’s your pro-tip for styling your pixie?