The Style Gallery is a great new way for you to view, love, and share outfit photos. It’s meant to showcase all the expressive, creative, and inspirational personalities of our community!
December is finally here — ’tis the season for toques, tams, and snuggly ski caps to find their way into your daily dress code. While you may have settled on this year’s head-turning topper, you might still be wondering what to do with your ‘do. This year, don’t leave your lovely locks hidden under your hat. Try out these simple, hat-friendly hairstyle ideas for a marvelous mane all year ’round!
Wraparound Boho Braid
Writer Christen looks pretty and put-together with this braid peeking out from under her vintage hat.
1. Create two small French braids, one on either side of your head, that run from the crown of your head to the nape of your neck. Work closely to your face to create a halo shape. (New to French braiding? Check out this video for some pointers!)
2. When you reach the nape of your neck, braid the rest of the hair into a pigtail.
3. Wrap each pigtail around the opposite side of your head, and pin it alongside the French-braided hair.
Exceptions specialist Sarah charms us in her bow-shaped bun and Get With Knit Head Scarf.
1. Gather all of your hair into a ponytail on top of your head. Pull your hair through the hair elastic once, create the first twist, then pull your hair halfway through the loop to create the first side of your bow.
2. Make a second loop by twisting the part of the elastic that’s on top of the ponytail. Pull the rest of your hair halfway through this new loop. This will be the second side of your bow.
3. Gently twist the two loops into a bow shape, and use bobby pins to secure it. Wrap the end of your ponytail around the middle of the bow to hide the hair elastic.
Public relations pro Aire loves how this simple ‘do looks beneath her Winter Romance Hat .
1. Gather your hair into a low ponytail on one side of your head.
2. Create a small hole in your hair just above the hair elastic.
3. Flip the rest of your ponytail up and through this hole. Tug on the loose hair to make the ponytail more or less snug.
What hairstyles are you sporting this winter? Let us know in the comments below, or show us on our Instagram (@modcloth) and Facebook pages!
Best of DIY, hair tutorials, hairstyle, hats, ModEmployees, styling tips, winter style
This is so smart!! I’m always looking to get my hair out of my face and these are great ideas. I usually opt for a quick “organic braid” with no hairtie if I’m looking to wear a hat, or a scruffy updo with earmuffs 🙂
This is ADORABLE! I especially love the Bow Bun featured on Sarah! <3
These are cute. I have short hair, but I don’t think I could pull this off anyways. So whatevs.
When I wear a hat, it is so I don’t have to do my hair, Why would I spend that time braiding, and primping, when the hat gets all the attention! The hair styles are cute though. They would work well with a topper at a cocktail party.
Aw, look how cute you all are! And who came up with these hairstyles? They’re great!
So cute! Can’t wait to try them <3
Cute! It’s summer in Australia, but I’m always looking for decent hairstyles to wear under my bike helmet.
I use variations of the first and last styles regularly!! Going to try the “Polished Ponytail” today.
Such cute ideas!!
I did the Bow Bun and it turned out great!!! THANKS!! Ps I have really thick and poofy and wavy hair and I was able to do it (:
Email (will not be published) (required)
© 2016 ModCloth, Inc. All Rights Reserved.