The Style Gallery is a great new way for you to view, love, and share outfit photos. It’s meant to showcase all the expressive, creative, and inspirational personalities of our community!
Fashion Writing Team Lead Molly strikes us a pose after Priscilla works her magic.
It’s a fact — when the workweek gets busy, our makeup routine is the first thing to suffer. With that in mind, we asked makeup artist Priscilla Francine to show us how to achieve a pretty pastel look that not only brings out the best in a variety of skin tones, but will last all day so you can focus on your to-do lists.
“This tutorial will show you how to wear classic pastels on your lids and lips in a fresh way,” says Priscilla. “It’s perfect for bridesmaids, brides, or wedding guests getting ready in a rush!”
First things first: “Before beginning on the eyes, prep the skin with a simple primer to give it a soft, dewy glow. That’s especially great for when you’ve been partying the night before! Then, apply concealer where needed, and a light spray foundation atop. The spray foundation is a nice product to invest in. It helps perfect pores and dries like a powder, so it’ll last all night. Use a flat brush for easy blending. Now, onto the eyes!”
1. With a white or creamy-colored pencil, draw a line beneath the brow, following its natural shape.
2. Blend with a thin foundation brush. This will hide little hairs in case you’ve forgotten to pluck!
3. Cream shadows are super easy to work with in a cinch. Use your finger or a cream shadow brush to apply a lavendar or lilac color, covering your whole lid until the crease. Applying a powder color in the same type of shade directly on top of the cream shadow will help it last longer just like a powder foundation on top of liquid foundation does.
4. Apply mascara, and make sure it’s waterproof, so it stays put if you cry!
5. For a ‘doe-eyed’ look, run a white pencil directly onto the water line. Look straight up when you do it, then close your eyes really tight to help set it. This will make your eyes pop in photos, even from far away.
“Lastly, brush whatever is left on your foundation brush onto your lips to make the liner stick. Cover the entire lip with a pastel pink lip liner first, then apply a long-lasting lip color with a brush in a bubble gum or bikini pink. Top it off with a gloss with a white undertone for definition, and you’re all set!”
#marriedinmodcloth, beauty how-to, bridesmaids, guest post, makeup tutorial, pastels, wedding, wedding guide
I adore this tutorial. It is such a good look. I’ve got to try the lilac on the lids one of these days.
What color is it on the lips? It is so pretty.
love the tutorial but what makeup was used?
Hello ladies, thanks for the questions!
@matita, Molly is rocking bikini pink by Bobbi Brown
@justine, here are the key products used: 1. Diorskin air flash 2. Bronzer & highlighter by Smashbox 3. Eyes: orchid cream shadow by Bobbi Brown, set with Ysl duo #29, eye kohl in fascinating by MAC, highbrow by benefit, Clinique mascara, and Bobbi brown eyebrow powder.
Stop by my blog for more product reviews and tutorials xoxo Priscilla Francine
Ok. the hair is actually not really my style, although very well done, but I WANT your perfect skin! Great skin!
What lip pencil/liner is used for the lips? Super love the pastel colour of the lip liner.
Paige, the lip liner is from Shu Uemura and the lipstick is Bikini Pink from Bobbi Brown.
Quick application! Soft and natural look. Easy does it with the lavender. Perfect for blondes.
Email (will not be published) (required)
© 2016 ModCloth, Inc. All Rights Reserved.