The Style Gallery is a great new way for you to view, love, and share outfit photos. It’s meant to showcase all the expressive, creative, and inspirational personalities of our community!
courtesy of TIGI
Over the weekend we got an opportunity to head backstage at Mara Hoffman’s Spring 2015 fashion show and spend some with the beauty brains responsible for getting her models runway ready. It was NYFW, so what else would we be doing besides eagerly prodding the pros for hair and makeup tricks?!
We stole some time from TIGI Global Creative Director Nick Irwin and asked him for the 411 on the lived-in, destroyed desert braids that the models were sporting (that’s it above). Each ever-so-long pony was carefully distressed, evoking an effortless look that complemented Hoffman’s more subdued boho collection perfectly. So how can you get your tresses to look like that? “The trick with this is to pull apart the braid with your hands — pretend like you’re actually kneading bread,” Irwin told us when we asked about the technique. We’ve never made bread from scratch before, but a braid? That we can do!
1. Mist clean, dry hair with CATWALK® by TIGI® Transforming Dry Shampoo.
2. Separate hair into three sections and gather back section into a low, loose ponytail. Secure with an elastic band or string.
3. Braid the back section and secure ends with an elastic. Gently knead the braid to loosen, allowing front pieces to fall and frame the face.
You can always bring your own braid!
4. Wrap each side section around the center braid and secure with an elastic. Be sure to hide the elastic.
5. Finish with CATWALK® by TIGI® Session Series Work It Hairspray
+ Will you try this look at home?
beauty how-to, Fashion Week, hair tutorial, hairstyle, mara hoffman
thats not a helpful tutorial at all
Email (will not be published) (required)
© 2016 ModCloth, Inc. All Rights Reserved.