Have you ever pondered the evolution of a Be the Buyer product? If so, you’re in luck today! In continuation of our 5 million votes celebration, we put together this behind the scenes video, featuring Susan with designer Eva Franco in her Los Angeles studio. Watch it for an inside look at how a Be the Buyer item goes from an idea to a real piece available for purchase on ModCloth.
As Susan and Eva mention, your votes are a key component to the success of the Be the Buyer program. What you may be surprised to know, though, is that we not only take into account your votes, but also your comments, when deciding whether or not to produce a piece. That’s right – we highly value your feedback, and have even changed features of potential items based on it! Sneak a peek at the Gardening a Lot of Attention Dress and The Pleat Goes On Dress to see the results your savvy suggestions have yielded.
So, what can you do to make sure your critiques are as productive as possible? Our Community Team recommends keeping the following things in mind:
1. Be as specific as possible when stating why you do or do not like something. Maybe you already like an item but would LOVE it if it had black lace trim instead of cream lace trim, short sleeves instead of long, or a ruffle trim where there is none?
2. As a ‘buyer’, you’re not only picking pieces for yourself, but for the rest of the ModCommunity, too. You might consider touching upon these components when commenting:
- Color and pattern
- Style, silhouette, and overall look
- Wearability and seasonality
- Quality of materials
- Craftsmanship of the garment
Remember that Be the Buyer exists because ModCloth believes in fashion democratization. Your votes and your voice matter, and the more constructive and convincing you are in your comments, the more influence you may have in sample’s fashion future!