(Image above: Caramel Apple Cream Cheese Cookie Bars taken from Picky Palate)
It’s Day Two, and our fall ingredient for today is APPLE. Find your favorite apple recipe, and pair it with an adorable ModCloth outfit that matches your dish! Submit your apple recipe and matching outfit as a comment at the bottom of this post. Read complete contest guidelines here.
To show us just how yummy apples can be, Jenny from Picky Palate is sharing one of her super sweet, totally indulgent recipes and a matching outfit with us! Thanks, Jenny!
Keep reading for a cute fall look,and an ultra delicious apple treat!
Caramel Apple Cream Cheese Cookie Bars
- 3 Tablespoons melted butter
- 3 Cups Golden Grahams Cereal, ground in food processor
- 1 Roll Pillsbury Sugar Cookie Dough or 2 pkgs Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie Dough Mix prepared and divided into 2 equal parts
- 8 oz softened cream cheese
- 1/4 Cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 21 oz can apple pie filling
- 1.5 oz package Nature Valley Oats N’ Honey Crunchy Granola Bars (2 count), crushed (I use a rolling pin to crush them right in the bag before opening)
- 9.5 oz Kraft Caramels
- 1/2 Cup Half and Half
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Combine melted butter and ground cereal into a large bowl; press into an 8Ã—8 inch baking dish lined with foil that’s been sprayed with cooking spray. Bake for 10 minutes then remove from oven. Crumble half of the cookie dough over partially baked crust.
- Place cream cheese, sugar and vanilla into a mixer; beat until smooth. Pour over crumbled cookie dough layer. Bake for 25 minutes then remove from oven. Top with 3/4 of the apple pie filling (I chose to just add part, but you can add the whole can if desired). Next top with remaining cookie dough, breaking off into little pieces evenly over top. Sprinkle with crushed granola bars and bake for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick comes clean from center. Let cool completely, then cut into squares. Melt caramels and Half and Half according to package directions. Drizzle over each bar. Refrigerate leftovers.
- Makes 9 squares. Refrigerate leftovers.
Leave your outfit ideas and matching recipes as a comment below, and good luck! Be sure to check back tomorrow at 1.00pm for the next ingredient – Squash!