Many of you asked for another chance to stretch your punny imaginations after our Strike a Prose Contest on Twitter. Well, have we got a ‘tweet’ for you! (Ba-dun-tss!) Join us in playing Retro Recast, the second installment of our ever-popular wordplay game.
The rules are simple: Take your favorite retro celebrities, cast them into modern shows or movies, then share your cleverest combinations of the two! For example: Take “Elizabeth Taylor,” plus “Lord of the Rings,” and you get “Elizabeth Taylord of the Rings!” Once you have your win-worthy words, tweet them with the hashtags #retrorecast and #modcloth — no need to send them to @ModCloth!
So get those whimsy wheels in your head turning because we’re awarding a $50 gift certificate to each of our three fave entries. But, before you tweet, check the deets:
- You must follow @ModCloth on Twitter to participate.
- Contest begins September 7th. You must tweet between 9 a.m. PT 9/7 and 9 p.m. 9/8 to be entered. No ifs, buts, or blog comments will count! 🙂
- Again, no need to tweet @ModCloth — just make sure to include the hashtags #retrorecast and #modcloth in your entry.
- Please only tweet from one account. You can submit multiple entries from your account.
- Individuals are only able to win once.
- By entering, you cross your heart that your phrase came from your mind alone! We realize that, since great minds think alike, there’s a chance that some phrases may be repeated. If we love a phrase that happens to have a duplicate, we will select the first person to enter it as a winner.
- On 9/9, we will announce the three winners on our blog.
- Need more information? Check out our Official Contest Rules and Guidelines.
We can’t wait to see your cleverest tweets!