Show us your fantasy lead singer style in this rockin’ contest! From now until Friday, March 11, you could win a $100 ModCloth gift certificate with your Polyvore lead singer style set. Catherine of our new favorite band, Young Galaxy, will be selecting a winning look. Not only will the winner receive a gift certificate, but also a copy of Young Galaxy’s latest album, Shapeshifting! Use our Polyvore Mini Editor below to build an outfit that makes you “take the lead.”
In our recent interview with lead singer Catherine, she said that “fashion helps interpret the fantasy inherent in music, helps nudge you into a place of suspended disbelief, so it feels like a surreal waking dream.”
Before you get into the garment groove, here’s some vital info to remember:
- You must have a Polyvore account to participate. It’s easy and free to sign up. If you’ve never made a styleboard, see Polyvore’s tips on making a rockin’ set.
- Only one entry per person will be accepted.
- Sets submitted after the deadline will not be considered. The deadline is Friday, March 11, 11:59 p.m. EST.
- You must include at least three ModCloth items in your set.
- Save your finished set, which will be automatically added to our “Take the Lead” gallery on Polyvore. If you want to view your set, just click the “Gallery” tab in the Mini Editor below. If you want to edit your set, you can open it up on the Polyvore website.
- If you choose to create your set on the Polyvore website instead of using the Mini Editor, then post a link to your set in the blog comments section below!
- For detailed guidelines, please see our official contest rules.
- Entries will be judged based on the following: adherence to the above guidelines, creativity, and relevancy to rock star style.
Using the Mini Editor:
The Polyvore Mini Editor below has a closet full of ModCloth items that you can use to create your lead singer look. If you want to add ModCloth items that are not featured in this closet or non-ModCloth items to your set, you must save your set here and complete it on the Polyvore website.
Let us know what you’re listening to while you’re building your set!
UPDATE (3/11, 11:59 p.m.): The Take the Lead Contest is now closed, and any entries submitted after this point will not be considered. Stay tuned to see who Catherine picks to be the winner!