Our inaugural Office Geek Off drew in submissions from companies and employees from every conceivable sector — fashion, beauty, finance, marketing, media, tech, pharmaceuticals, and more — but it was worker bee Kim Smith (@kimsmith) who won the race. Kim’s impressive X-Files and Stonehenge desk accessories claimed your hearts in our Office Geek Off vote, and for that, we bow to her. Congrats, Kim! Remember: With great power comes great responsibility.
We’d also like to take this moment to thank all of you for making this week so fun, and to officially conclude Geek Week 2012. In case you missed a post or two, below is a handy list of all our Geek Week activities, in case you’ve yet to meet electronic music maven Delia Derbyshire, stamp the DHARMA Initiative logo onto your nails, or weigh in on the future of language with other grammar geeks. And, of course, our geek-themed Pinterest board is always around.
- Proud to Be Geeks: ModEmployees Share Their Nerdy Confessions
- Geek Icon: Delia Derbyshire, Electronic Music Extraordinaire
- More Badder Grammar!: July Book of the Month Giveaways
- Nail Klub: Get Geek Week Glam with DIY Nail Transfers
- Fashions of The Force: John Woo’s Geek Chic Illustrations
- Dweeb Out: Geeky Gadgets for the Gal on the Go
- Party It Up on Twitter with ModCloth & ThinkGeek
- Vintage Sexism: Through the Looking Glasses
- Vote for Your 2012 Office Geek Off Champ!
- Revenge of the Nerds: Pinterest-style
- How to Be the Coolest Kid or Adult: Make Your Own Gak!
We hope you enjoyed our first Geek Week, and woud love to hear your feedback! Should we do this in 2013? What activities and features did you like or dislike? Should we buy an Adipose or Dalek cross-stitch ring? Let us know!