(images courtesy of MBFashionWeek)
Can you believe it? Here on the east coast we haven’t even seen the first official day of fall, have yet to celebrate our first of many holidays that make up the “holiday season,” and already designers are presenting their collections for this Spring 2010! The cool thing is, by taking a sneak peek at what they’ve got up their sleeves, we can get an idea of the trends, colors, and styles that are right around the corner. For a different perspective, each day this week, our daily style inspirations will come straight from the runway! So you can take bits and pieces from some of our favorite looks from the catwalk, and make them your own.
Today, a few of our favorite looks are featured from Fashion Week’s kickoff in New York from Thursday, and Friday (9/10-11) with styles by various designers including from left to right:
- Retro aqua-colored menswear-inspired look from David Elfin
- Geometric printed day dress from Mara Hoffman
- Skirt and shirt with an interesting close-up gemstone print from Michael Angel
- Retro-styled high-wasted swimwear by Rosa Cha
- Drop-waist flapper-like dress from Whitney Eve
The first two days have been vibrant so far with bold colors and prints. Fashion is looking bright for the spring time, and we can’t wait to see what the rest of the week has in store!
Of these looks above, which do you find the most inspiring, and why?