Whether you work in a corner office or a cubicle, you still want to look like “you” in your business attire, right? Well, with the help of Fashion Writer Jen and a fab foundation piece – the Blue Angels Dress – we’ll give you a few tips on how to posh up your professional look no matter where you spend 9-5!
Don’t let a drab dress code (No open toe shoes? Why?!) stifle your style. Just view it a fashion challenge! Here are a few ways to inject individuality into your ensembles:
- Add a funky pin! We added the First Place for Fashion Pin to Jen’s look for a splash of scarlet, but for a more delicate look, try the Pin-nacle of Pretty.
- Stick to purses in muted hues, and you can get away with extra embellishments, such as the quilting of Jen’s Eat, Drink, and Be Berry Bag, or the sleek studding on the Kind of a Bag Deal on the right.
- Rock the outerwear! When you’re building off of a solid blouse or frock, you can add a little pizazz with a daintily printed blazer, such as Jen’s subtly checked Business Lunch Blazer. However, just because something is khaki doesn’t mean it’s not cute. Case in point: the Trench Coat Confidential. That’s one classic coat that can instantly chic-ify any outfit!
Get Jen’s business look in our Buttoned-Up Beauty section!
Business Casual Cutie
If your HR rep says it’s okay to show off that pedicure with peep toes, rejoice! You can have some fashionable fun with your work wardrobe. Amp up your business basics with these tricks:
- Toss on cheeky accessories, like the the colorful Crazy Sexy Cool Belt, or Party Snacks Necklace in Pretzel. From afar, it appears as if you’re wearing a simple gold necklace, but up close, the playful pretzel charm lends an unexpected touch of whimsy.
- Pair your solids with poshly printed outerwear. Let your feline side show with a sassy, leopard-printed cardi like Jen’s Definitely Leopard Cardigan, or go floral with the eco-friendly Picnic Society Blazer. With a subtle posy print, this blazer is perfect for taking you from the office to happy hour in style.
- Walk the line. Stray away from traditional black and brown shoes by expanding your peds’ palette to include bold, deep colors – just no hot pink, please! Jen looks polished and put-together in her Vamp It Up Heels. (The Green Tea-Strap Heels are another super chic choice!)
Get Jen’s business casual look in our Business Casual Cutie category!
Woohoo! You wear what you want. While the freedom to express your fashionable self is fantastic, it’s easy to forget how to “business” it up for client meetings. Here are some tips for keeping things professional with your own personal brand of panache:
- A versatile business basic is the easiest way to anchor an ensemble. As with the other two looks, Jen’s sporting the Blue Angels Dress, which is a classic sheath that you can accessorize to your heart’s content!
- Let your tights shine! Because your foundation piece is simple and chic, punching things up with sweet socks and tights is just one the perks your “no dress code” career allows. Jen embraces the socks-and-sandals trend with the Betsey Johnson Know by Heart Socks in Pink, while the Leisuirely Lavender Tights to her right are another fun suggestion!
- ‘Shoe’ know what to do. You’re most likely the only one that can pull off the Glamorous Geology Heels that Jen’s sporting. You’re also likely one of the few that can get away with stud-ly shoes like the Love to Strut Heels (seen at the right). So, kick your heels up in celebration!
Get Jen’s fun work look in our Freelancin’ Fashionista category!
If you’re fiending for these lovely looks, you can find everything you need in our Professional Attire section!
Would you rock these looks at the office? Do you have any wardrobe tips to make workwear wonderful?