When it comes to capsule wardrobes, it’s all about the practice of practicality. You’ll want to limit your closet to a small number of essentials that can be mixed and remixed into as many everyday ensembles as possible. Consider this your strategic guide to seasonal style this spring:
- Start at the bottoms with the basics, the can’t-go-wrongs. Classic denim and a slightly cropped black pant will get you far this season!
- You’ll want to incorporate a few punchy patterns and charismatic colors that really stand out. Try adding a splash of color with a bright bag or a basic shoe in a brilliant hue. A versatile cardigan with some unique embellishments will be your outfit-perfecting pièce de résistance, and a unique print will really make your top pop.
- Pantone’s 2016 Colors of the Year are made for spring! Pepper them into your looks with flirty heels, a pretty and practical watch, a light cardigan or a powder blue top that goes with anything/everything.
- Give yourself one fun frock that makes you feel vibrant and vivacious.
- Neutralize! You’ll need a few pieces that play well with others. A basic dress, top, or skirt in a soft hue can be the foundational elements for spring styling. A simple plaid blouse can add some chill factor over a demure dress, or it can be fun to mix with clashing, contrasting patterns like stripes and florals.
- Flats belong in every season’s closet, but try a fresh take on them with a fun floral print. A strappy sandal will be your bff on those warmer days.
- Don’t leave home without a pair of chic shades and a jacket that fits the forecast. A tailored trench or a classically cool jean jacket are the layers you’ll love.
+When it comes to spring style, what are your key essentials?