The Style Gallery is a great new way for you to view, love, and share outfit photos. It’s meant to showcase all the expressive, creative, and inspirational personalities of our community!
Whenever Saint Patrick’s Day comes around, we always see an awful lot of novelty beverages like minty milkshakes and green beer. Well this year, we’re shaking things up with a refreshing alternative — with a big emphasis on ‘refreshing!’ This lucky libation includes a few vibrantly verdant ingredients like limes, cucumbers, and fresh dill. The result is a cocktail that’s sweet, slightly savory, and full of green-hued goodness!
Photo via theboysclub.net
What You’ll Need
2 tbsp. infused simple syrup (see recipe below)
2 oz. vodka
2 cucumbers; 1 sliced, 1 whole
A bunch or 2 of fresh dill
2 limes, cut into thin wedges
A pinch of salt (sea salt or some other coarse variety)
A few splashes of sparkling water or ginger ale
1. In a cocktail shaker, place 5 cucumber slices, 2-3 sprigs of dill, 2 lime wedges, and pinch of salt. Take a muddler and mash everything up together.
2. Add a handful of ice to the shaker, then pour the simple syrup and vodka over it. Shake it up for a good 30 seconds or so.
3. Take your whole cucumber and slice a few lengthwise slivers, then press 1 or 2 of them around the inside of your glass for a decorative effect. Add some ice cubes and pour your cocktail over them. Top it off with a splash of fizzy water or ginger ale and garnish with a lime wedge, cucumber slice, and/or a sprig of dill.
To make the infused simple syrup, you’ll need:
1 cup sugar
1 cup water
A few sprigs of fresh dill
1/2 cucumber, chopped
1 lime, chopped
1. Add the dill, lime, cucumber, water, and sugar to a saucepan. Slowly bring to a boil.
2. While gently stirring, let the mixture simmer until the sugar dissolves.
3. Allow it to cool. Once it has cooled down, strain the liquid into a container and discard the rest.
4. Chill in the refrigerator.
This syrup can be made up to a week in advance, and it can be kept in the fridge until ready to use.
+What are your plans for St. Paddy’s Day?
Email (will not be published) (required)
© 2016 ModCloth, Inc. All Rights Reserved.