A Mantra for 2011

Image via Mel Stringer.

I saw this on Tumblr last night, and thought it was too good not to share. This adorable drawing comes from Aussie illustrator and visual artist Mel Stringer, who declared it her new “mantra for 2011.” Hear, hear!

About Jenn

Easy Makeup for Going Out: Featuring Anna Sui Beauty
October 22, 2018
Haunt Now, Haute Later: Three Scary-Stylish Outfits
October 11, 2018

7 Comments

1. Ashley Hasty 01/07/2011 at 12:02 pm #

What a fabulous mantra. Hope I can remember it for all of 2011!

Ashley

2. Flora 01/07/2011 at 12:29 pm #

Great mantra, I’m taking it borrowed for my blog =)

3. Jaime 01/07/2011 at 6:28 pm #

I swear, I’m not trying to be the rain on this parade, but. Sometimes the people who are supposed to love you do and say horrible, hurtful things. And they don’t fix it, and you keep coming back, hoping they will, only to find they hurt you more and more. And those are the people you inherently do love. But they’ll never love you like you deserve.

But, in a general way, I agree with this mantra. And sometimes, you have to be your own best (and only) friend at times.

• Love 01/10/2011 at 9:37 pm #

‘Supposed to’ is what disturbs me and automatically puts this disloyal friend in the out-of-focus category.
      Let’s go back to what the mantra says, “Focus: On the people who truly love & care for you. “

• svetlana 01/20/2011 at 9:41 am #

dear jaime, maybe you should choose the people you love a bit more carefully as if they do not love you maybe they do not deserve the love that you are constantly giving them. have a great and LOVEly year! :*

4. Sabina 01/09/2011 at 11:00 am #

Jaime is right of course about how people who mean well can say the most hurtful things, but I still like the mantra. It’s uplifting as is the cute illustration.

5. Shae 01/09/2011 at 12:49 pm #

Very cute mantra and adorable drawing!