Throwing a Halloween extravaganza? Need to decorate for those trick or treaters? Want to add a festive addition to your office? Spook up your space for Halloween with this delightfully frightful wreath kit from Paper Source! We’re so excited to start carrying Paper Source here at ModCloth. Now you can get gifty, crafty, & creative with their amazing assortment of items. To make this Seasons Weavings Wreath, simply follow these step-by-step instructions. It’s as easy as 1, 2, BOO!
What You Need:
- Double Stick Tape
- Transparent Tape
- Bone Folder
Create the Web
- Cut four pieces of baker’s twine, each 20” long.
- Wrap one end around the top of the wreath form and tie tight against it. Wrap the other end around the opposite side of the wreath form, and make sure the twine is taut. Trim excess twine.
- Take a second piece of twine and tie the end to the left side. Wrap around the center of the first piece of twine and pull tightly. Tie off on opposite end, creating a cross formation.
- Repeat step three with remaining two 20” pieces of twine, forming an X on top.
- Cut 30” of baker’s twine. Tie one end onto one of the arms of the web, approximately 1 1/2 “ from the wreath form. Bring the twine to the next section and wrap around the next piece of twine and tie. Continue going in a circle until you are back where you started, pulling twine taut and staying 1 ½” from the wreath form. Tie a knot and trim the excess.
- Repeat step two to make a smaller circle insider the one just created.
- Adjust twine as needed to form a spider web shape.
Create the Flowers
- Punch out all the flower shapes.
- Cut slits in the three flower shapes.
- Using a bone folder, curl petals of all flower shapes toward the center.
- Layer curled petal shapes one over the other with petals. Stagger and adhere using double stick tape or foam squares where indicated. Mix the colors of your petals as you desire!
Assemble the Wreath
- Punch out all of the leaf shapes.
- Fold the leaves in half and use a bone folder to crease and create dimension.
- Use double stick tape to adhere small twig shapes to the wreath form.
- Adhere the flowers to the wreath using foam squares.
- Arrange the leaves underneath the flowers using double stick tape to fill in any gaps.
Add the Final Touches
- Fold the sides of the foiled banner back approximately 1” on each side, and adhere in place with a foam square.
- Position the ribbon pieces as desired on each end, and secure to the back of the banner using foam squares. Add a few more foam squares to the banner and adhere it to your wreath.
- To hang, tie a bow at the center of the ribbon and adhere the ends to the back of the wreath form using transparent tape.
Your spooky wreath is now complete!
+ Inspired and ready to get crafty? Check out our entire selection of Paper Source items!